PDA

View Full Version : body shop pricing

LukeManic
21-01-05, 02:26 PM
My car has been in a body shop now for 5 days and it's gone so the arches can be sorted out (slight rust) and to have a bee-sting aerial put on the roof and the right wing to be filled and sprayed where the previous standard aerial was. Also the last person I bought the car off had a slight knock on the rear right light which had pushed it in, so it needed pulling out and a slight touching up on the paint work.

Im picking her up 2nite at 6ish and its all going to cost me ?330. Is this good for the work I have described above?

cheers

-tucny-
21-01-05, 08:10 PM
cant complain with that with if the paints included. afterall its gonna take a while to jig any bent bodywork, carefully fill and repair panels n spray them and remove the interior trim fit an arial inc wiring up etc. sounds a good price to me. i bet youre glad to get shut of the standard nova ariel!

Mike.
21-01-05, 08:54 PM
sounds a great price, i've been thinking about sending my nova to a body shop, just can't find any were thats cheap enough

LukeManic
21-01-05, 09:07 PM
well... i went to pick her up @ 6. I cant believe the work they have done. It looks brand new - all inside the arches has been sprayed and stonechiped too. Ill get some pics up 2morow if i can.

But im in a crap mood now as i drove in my street just after coming away from the bodyshop and some t*ats decided to kick a football at my car :evil: :evil: :evil: !!! Was a group of about 3. No sure if theres any damage as it was dark. Im really starting to h8 this young generation of prats.

dunova
21-01-05, 09:08 PM
Sounds okay, but every body shop differs with price and quality etc. Mine was recently in the body shop-Had doors delocked, aerial hole smoothed, whole right side of the car sprayed and the passenger door sprayed where it was delocked obviously. Cost ?280 all in. I thought that was quite good.

No 'rings' where it was delocked either 8)

Jos
22-01-05, 12:03 AM
well it depends if you have the time on your hands, none of the work described above (unless they need to knock out dents in panels) is really difficult, just perhaps time consuming and frustrating at times :D

I'm planning on de-locking my car all round and relocating my ariel soon, but am doing it myself with afew mates around to speed things up...saves afew hundred ?