PDA

View Full Version : judders

sickrabbit
20-01-05, 10:04 PM
help !! I recently put a second hand pair of alloys ( fox evo 3s 15 inchers ) on me motor ...i,ve had the wheels checked for balance and alls seems to be ok till i hit 40 -50mph - i get vibrations thru the steering almost a judder ...any help is welcome
thanx. :oops:

Ricks
20-01-05, 11:24 PM
wheel bearings

NickWalliams
20-01-05, 11:31 PM
Tracking can cause this to, get it checked.

Never heard of wheels bearings causing it though :?

Aragorn
21-01-05, 09:49 AM
probably got no spigot rings fitted and the wheels arent centered

w_wall_2001
21-01-05, 10:05 AM
as aragon said, prob no sprigot rings, mine used to do it, get them at any alloy places for ?10-?15

Matt Nova
21-01-05, 11:17 AM
aye check spigots

the alloys aren't bent are they?

w_wall_2001
21-01-05, 11:24 AM
when you get them balanced they can tell if the wheels buckled

sickrabbit
21-01-05, 09:46 PM
cant believe this one.....

was running low on time today so i popped me motor into kwik fit to get the balance checked..i returned 20 mins later to be told the car had no spigots in the wheels centre but that the wheels were ok in balance, so i shot to a nearby auto shop got some and returned . After exchanging a tenner the erk there fitted these plastic inserts and told me my pressure were way off ( i use 30 psi all round ) .
On driving home i gave the car some stick at 50mph it shook like a jelly ,so this evening a work mate called a pal who deals in tyres ect to check my motor over.
Not only were the wheels WELL OUT the bloody tyre pressure was 45 psi !!
The bloke sorted the balance on the front tyres and returned the pressure to normal.Different car altogether back to normal...
" Cant get get quicker than a kwik fitter " - yeah right - avoid the ones in bedford at all cost :evil: :evil:

Nick
21-01-05, 10:45 PM
45psi lmfao

that's a good one. just goes to show he didn't have a clue.

it should be roughly 30psi, i think most tyres say something around that. the nnova manual says 25psi however (Standard wheels)

Adam
21-01-05, 10:51 PM
cant believe this one.....

was running low on time today so i popped me motor into kwik fit to get the balance checked..i returned 20 mins later to be told the car had no spigots in the wheels centre but that the wheels were ok in balance, so i shot to a nearby auto shop got some and returned . After exchanging a tenner the erk there fitted these plastic inserts and told me my pressure were way off ( i use 30 psi all round ) .
On driving home i gave the car some stick at 50mph it shook like a jelly ,so this evening a work mate called a pal who deals in tyres ect to check my motor over.
Not only were the wheels WELL OUT the bloody tyre pressure was 45 psi !!
The bloke sorted the balance on the front tyres and returned the pressure to normal.Different car altogether back to normal...
" Cant get get quicker than a kwik fitter " - yeah right - avoid the ones in bedford at all cost :evil: :evil:
LOL, kwik fit.
I have heard some mental stories, like 16 yr old school leavers jacking peoples cars up under the fuel tank to take the wheel off :o
WTF :roll:

sickrabbit
22-01-05, 09:13 AM
is the y.t.s schemm still running...?

makes you wonder.
i reckon these blokes must still think Peter rabbit IS pubic hairs cousin !!