PDA

View Full Version : Useless vauxhall garage

Anonymous
19-02-02, 10:24 AM
Last night my Nova decided to spring a fuel leak. The section of fuel hose that goes from the tank to the fuel pump started leeking quite badly, so i thought instead of fucking about measuring the ID of the pipe, i'd just walk to my local vauxhall garage to buy it from them. I thought there bound to know what size it would be, did they fuck! I then had to measure the pipe ID whilst fuel pissed down on me, re connect it, walk back to get right size pipe, then get ripped off on main dealer price piping and then fit the new section. Wankers, you'd think they would know things like that.
Maybe im expecting too much.

Anonymous
19-02-02, 11:19 AM
that sounds about right.
They quoted me ?225 a month or 2 back to supply n fit a new heater matrix.
I eventually got part sent down for ?19 from Scotland, spent ?2.50 on heater hoses and connected it all up myself.

They are pathetic at times.
U'd think they'd wanna keep people drivin there cars, not shaft em sideways.

Vauxhall Nova - Defined in Spain
REFINED IN ENGLAND.

novagrant@talk21.com

""Formally Novaheat 612""

Anonymous
19-02-02, 11:35 AM
I tried to get fuel pipes for them when doing my 2.0l conversion. they didn't have a fucking clue.

I bought it from an independant auto company off of a roll and shpaed it and fitted it myself.

much cheaper and easier than dealing with the morons at vauxhall.

:D:D 2.0l 8v. It actually works !!!! :D:D

Anonymous
19-02-02, 11:39 AM
lmao keep going to the same one till u are allowed to jump over the counter and use the puter like i'm allowed to

16v Engine fitting and advice... mail me for a quote :D

Anonymous
19-02-02, 11:56 AM
I would have gone to my local auto company, but once i pulled off the hose to measure the ID it started leaking even worse, too bad to drive. My nearest atuo store is a drive away, but i could walk to my local vauxhall garage.
Also, much to my annoyance, the only place you can buy new throttle cables is vauxhall, my local motor store doesn't sell them, so i ordered one whist i was there, my one keeps sticking badly. I tried silicone spray but it still sticks. That was another pricey item for what it is.

Anonymous
19-02-02, 08:39 PM
I must be the lucky one, my old man is a parts manager at a Vauxhall garage. Cost price parts, I luv it! :>
Ive seen the computer systems they use and from what I could see they should be able to pin point any part, with dimensions,etc

Anonymous
19-02-02, 11:11 PM
The key words in HOGGE TD's post....."they should"
BUT, they don't always.

When I wanted a new coolant temp sensor for my GTE, he couldn't tell me which one it was out of two to choose from.
I had to go out to the car and check the shape of the top.
Maybe they fitted different ones at different times but you'd think they'd know :-/

Out of interested....what dimensions are the fuel pipe from the tank to pump?
I need one for the GTE I think....it looks a bit gammy and I'm getting a smell of fuel at times.....seams to be coming from there.

Anonymous
20-02-02, 08:31 AM
I made it to be 10mm ID.

Anonymous
20-02-02, 04:29 PM
i got a new rub strip for the drivers door of my sr (89 model) did they have a clue? did they fcuk! i had to take a bundle outside to match the colour of the ones on the car. and how much did they charge me for this strip of rubber? ?40 the bastards! x-(

Anonymous
20-02-02, 11:14 PM
?40 :O fucking hell!

James...cheers mate....I definitely need a new bit of fuel pipe I found today.
I had a closer luck in daylight and it is leaking....quite a lot!
10mm ID you say....right....I'll double check mine first though knowing what Vauxhall are like for changing things in different aged novas!