PDA

View Full Version : A crash repaired car

Matt Nova
20-01-05, 05:15 PM
Would you have one?

I can get hold of a nova which has been in crashs before all the work has been done and you'd never tell.

But I don't know its very clean etc but not sure if i'd like to be in one thats crashed :?

Chris
20-01-05, 05:29 PM
there is nothing wrong with one which has been in an accident so long as all the work has been done to put it right properly

Chris

Matt Nova
20-01-05, 05:32 PM
its done 85k miles genuine

been two mates who have owned it and I know they have taken care of it

?800 and its mine just been sprayed well apart from bonnet and wings

Chris
20-01-05, 05:37 PM
What is the spec? Model/Year/Engine/Mods?

Matt Nova
20-01-05, 05:40 PM
H plate mk2

Sr white lowered 60mm new exhaust brakes 11 months MOT

de-vinyled, pretty much standard but very tidy

Chris
20-01-05, 05:49 PM
it wants to be imaculate for that sort of price mate, you could be a half decent GSi for that money

Chris

Mike.
20-01-05, 05:58 PM
check the chassis aswell mate

Mel
20-01-05, 07:37 PM
Just as long as theres no visable problems with the structure/chassis, there shouldn't be a problem.

What accidents has it been in? I mean, if it's been in serious ones, where the whole thing has been crushed etc then I'd say no, as it's been damaged too much (imo)..

Mike.
20-01-05, 08:30 PM
you can repair cars that have been in a serious crash you just put the car on a jig and straighten the chassis, i've seen it done at work before

Jules
20-01-05, 08:50 PM
If only Broody Neil could post on NL - he's the (s)expert when it comes to driving previoulsy written off Nova's (Many times over!)
:lol:

Dod
20-01-05, 09:26 PM
Listen mate, my Nova had a big front end shunt, but it was put back together perfectly. As long as its done right, its grand. Look around all the panels and have a good look under it and around where the repairs were done. If there's no sign of big holes, dodgey looking welds or buckled metal you're ok. Take an hour or two to look at it. If they're mates they'll not have a problem with it. That way you'll know better what to do. Anyway, nice stelthy white Sr Novas, sweet looking!! :D

rednova
20-01-05, 09:53 PM
theres nowt wrong with accident damaged cars most people are probably driving one without realising (car is in accident owner gets insurance to repair it, car gets driven for a year or so then part ex 'd) someone buys it from garage without realising etc. etc. if its been properly repair there is no reason for it to be as strong if not stronger than one that has just come off the production lines, if you think its worth it just go for it. does seem a bit pricey tho

phil

boredbloke
20-01-05, 11:08 PM
To be honest mate it's not the outside you want t check over, any moron can fit new panels, as mike said it's the chassis you want to check,

Just make sure all the frame inside is good and you could well be avin a new car,

if in doubt pay and have it checked over properly on a vosa (i think it's vosa :roll: ) test, if your mates have sold you a good car shake there hands n be happy if not, give em a kickin n get ya money back! :D

nova---chris
20-01-05, 11:40 PM
just got the missus a front end damaged 106 pug.
Nowt wrong with a crash repair.

Ive got pics of the repair done to a supra.
complete inner chasis leg replaced along with the whole front end passenger side. lmfao!! But hey its a supra and it looks very neat now.
goes nice for a auto n/a

Matt Nova
21-01-05, 12:26 AM
I think its been jigged I know the lad paid alot of money for it to be right so I presume it will be

I think its been through a caravan lol and a wall :o

yeh its tidy but still ?800

I want it mostly as want something which I can play with the engine :twisted:

Barn
21-01-05, 05:38 PM
?800 does sound alot though mate

i paid ?500 for my mint 1.3 Nova (totally standard) and it had only done 34000 from new

Mike.
21-01-05, 06:29 PM
at the end of the day its up to you mate, its your decision so iff you want it, go for it

Nick
21-01-05, 06:56 PM
?800 is alot

i paid ?300 for my very very good condition 1.2. 50k miles from new, 2 owners.

Why pay ?800 for a crashed car ? when you can pay less for a un-abused one. Personally, i'd never intentionally buy a heavily crash repaired car. personal opinion.

Plus, the only thing that needs doing on my car is the front panel is rusting a bit, so i'm gonna get it changed before it harms anything else.

James B
23-01-05, 09:48 PM
i paid ?300 for my very very good condition 1.2. 50k miles from new, 2 owners.

grrr im desperatly looking for a really tidy standard nova, about 1.2, on the cheap. they just dont exist round here :(

scott.parker
23-01-05, 09:56 PM
grrr im desperatly looking for a really tidy standard nova, about 1.2, on the cheap. they just dont exist round here :(

Dude did you go look at that 1.3 that was mint think you should got it mate.

scott

raza
23-01-05, 10:09 PM
800 Geez mine is tidy and cost me ?300 motd for ?200 So stands me at ?500 Get em cheaper than that m8

James B
23-01-05, 11:04 PM

scott

yeah had a look, was very smokey, dunno seems more like the rings than stem seals etc, dont mind doing the work at all but not for a car that cost that much to start with. shame tho, like you said was a tidy motor

James

scott.parker
24-01-05, 12:27 AM

scott

yeah had a look, was very smokey, dunno seems more like the rings than stem seals etc, dont mind doing the work at all but not for a car that cost that much to start with. shame tho, like you said was a tidy motor

James

Well tell him it's fooked and buy it cheaper and then drop my 1.6 in :wink:

scott

James B
24-01-05, 02:29 AM
Well tell him it's fooked and buy it cheaper and then drop my 1.6 in :wink:

scott

i have a buyer for that by the way mate if the price is right, was talking to him about it today.