PDA

View Full Version : Engine Codes

MattNova
20-01-05, 09:54 AM
is anyone clever enough to be able to tell me what my engine code will be?

ive got;

MK1
1.2 carb
F reg(1989 i think)

cheers Matt

Stuart
20-01-05, 10:00 AM
id guess 12ST or soimilar

shouldnt be 12Nv as that was a 1990-1992(ish) engine

MattNova
20-01-05, 10:14 AM
as i want to make sure i get it right, im getting some new spark plugs and the bloke tells me they make 2 different types for 1.2 nova's. he asked for the code so i fort id ask on here. where on the engine will it tell me the code?

cheers Matt

-Bruce-
20-01-05, 10:32 AM
The will be a stamp on the block that tells you the engine code mate. It is on stick out bit of the block basiclly under the spark plug hole that is nearest the flywheel, but on the block not the head.

You may need to clean away some dirt and grime to get a look at it.

Bruce

MattNova
20-01-05, 10:45 AM
cheers, i'll av a look

Stuart
20-01-05, 11:41 AM
ummmmmm as far as im aware there is only one "fitting" of spark plug for 8v novas.

the bloke your talking to is a lyer lol. ok you can get different types, eg single, double, tripple, quad electroced, v grooves, coppers etc but they all have the same thread for a nova fitting.

id suggest NGK-R plugs gapped to 0.7mm probably the best plugs for general use.

ps DONT even thinkg about getting "super 4's" they are a total waste of money

Jack
20-01-05, 12:56 PM
Yup, definately 12ST if Mk1 1.2 Vaux.

ps DONT even thinkg about getting "super 4's" they are a total waste of money
lol they are by far the WORST spark plugs I've ever had the misfortune to use. I replaced them with some nice NGK ones - which the local garage then nicked when they gave it a 12k service*, even tho I'd told them they were new (well about 200 miles ago).

*I was too lazy to do it myself before you ask lol

Alex
20-01-05, 01:41 PM
NGK-R's for me

Snowface
20-01-05, 03:34 PM
i replaced my Bosch super 4's and Bosch HT leads for some NGK Iridium's (?6 each) and Magnecor KV85 HT leads. Job.

One of my super 4 plugs' electrodes was bent down and v.nearly touching the tip of the other bit. (not sure of terminology).

p.s. anyone wanna buy 4x super four plugs and 1.8 sets of bosch ignition leads off me? :D