PDA

View Full Version : Baby seats

Spud
20-01-05, 01:51 AM
need help from anyone who has a MK2 and a REARWARD facing baby seat, need to know what seats you may have or may know of that definately fit.(must be rearward facing seats)

also if anyone can be bothered, can a few seatbelts be measured and one more thing, if anyone owns a corsa b or c, could they possibly measure the belts and let me know.

cheers everyone

raza
20-01-05, 09:21 AM
Dude i got a MkII nova Sr And The baby seats do fit in front seat As my sister just had a baby and hes been in front of mine a few times Baby seats fit in almost every car other wise they wunt make them So yea they fit:)

Aragorn
20-01-05, 09:59 AM
out of interest why rear facing??

baby seats do not fit in any car, walk into halfords and ask them and you'd realise this

certain parameters need to be met (i was never trained on them but its things like the belt buckle cannot touch the seat when its done up) and these arent always met in every car with a particular seat

maybe pop into halfords and ask? they should have someone who has been on a course for correct fitting of child seats and they should be able to tell you what u need to know

raza
20-01-05, 10:14 AM
Rear facing seats are for small babies And yes they do Fit in to Novas as i said I have had one in mine . If a big fat **** can fit in to a seat so can a baby seat

epo
20-01-05, 06:31 PM
i had a graco one in both my mk1 and mk2 altho it was a tight fit as the there was very little play in the seat belt length

peester
20-01-05, 07:25 PM
rearward facing takes up loads of room on seat and loads of belt too; front seat is best bet - in any small car; but alsorts can play a part in fitting - if the seats are a little worn or soft then the baby seat will sinking further further down into seat as u take the slack out of the belt. - this can cause buckle crunch where buckle is pressing against the baby seat. not good. Usually find best fitting rearwards are like epo says - graco baby carrier with base. if you go halford mate they do free fitting when u buy any baby seat.

epo
20-01-05, 07:57 PM
toys are us and mothercare do free fitting too

Spud
20-01-05, 10:09 PM
its gotta be rear facing because newborn babies cant support their heads propelry without the seat. I tried halfords and they were fooking useless, they suggested vaux, i went to vaux and they were also fooking useless and they suggested halfords! My local car bits place said a scrappy, but im not going to use seatbelts from a car in the scrappy. i was thinking corsa c belts if i can find out the length of one.