PDA

View Full Version : Eccentric top Mounts?

krobinson
19-01-05, 02:15 PM
I've FK coilovers on the way, and my standard top mounts look a little tired. So i've been looking into some Eccentric Top Mounts. I hear they not only allow a lower drop, but also adjustable camber!

TAS want ?100 +vat + P&p (132.50)

Anyone know if i can get them cheaper elsewhere? Or should i stick with TAS?

Keith

NickWalliams
19-01-05, 02:27 PM
Has TAS got a website?

CP
19-01-05, 02:28 PM
They're ok but I found on mine and Jims they need to be put in a lathe and have some of the ally that sticks out through the turret removed to allow full adjustment. Otherwise you have to enlarge the turret hole.

krobinson
19-01-05, 02:49 PM
Would this be essential tho? As i'd be happy enough just to allow more adjustment on the coilovers and correct the camber slightly! As, even with harsh camber, i never really had much tyre wearing trouble!

Or would i be better off with concentric? (non adjustable?)

Keith

SKoob
19-01-05, 03:04 PM
i'm seriously tempted to get a pair myself for my yellow SR, if you do find a place selling them cheap, give me a shout 8)

krobinson
19-01-05, 04:48 PM
They're ok but I found on mine and Jims they need to be put in a lathe and have some of the ally that sticks out through the turret removed to allow full adjustment. Otherwise you have to enlarge the turret hole.

Jims were protech, are yours protech too?

Keith

Rick Draper
19-01-05, 05:01 PM

Keith

I have protech ones on mine and i also trimmed them down on a lathe. They are better than the tas ones imho as you have the bearing sat up in the hole rather than down at the road. Hard to explain but they are better IMHO. Rick

benji
19-01-05, 05:58 PM
rally design also sell them, not sure what they are like though

krobinson
24-01-05, 02:10 PM

Keith

I have protech ones on mine and i also trimmed them down on a lathe. They are better than the tas ones imho as you have the bearing sat up in the hole rather than down at the road. Hard to explain but they are better IMHO. Rick

Rick, how hard are they to adjust/setup? what kind of equipment is needed?

I'm ordering today, so.. Eccentiric that i have no idea how to setup? Or concentric, non adjustable?

Keith

Lee H
24-01-05, 02:54 PM
I bought Ricks old ones with the bearings sat the other way up so they didn't need machining to fit, they are TAS ones but not sure if they have changed the design now. I only bought them to try and stop my car bottoming out as they were thinner but it still bottomed out when I tried to run it low!!

krobinson
24-01-05, 03:56 PM
Ordered them from Protech.

Guy on phone gave me plenty of Info, whereas TAS were useless on the phone. So protec got my business!

Keith