PDA

View Full Version : Lowering...

Anonymous
16-02-02, 05:57 PM
Just finished taking mi nova for a spin withs its new Gsi suspension, verdict = im well impressed, no more boat like motions as i go round corners, in fact i now have a smile on my face and it gets bigger with every corner i take at speed.
My car had standard mk-2 suspension and 195/55/15 alloys. Hence the car handled like a boat and looked like a monster truck (well high). I reccomend fitting Gsi/Sri suspension to anyone in the same situation as me. Its a v. cheap and easy wasy of lowering your car and improving the handling.
The full suspension setup (4springs+4shockers) only cost ?30 from colin smith and came from a 93 Gsi, and was in mint condition. Plus it only took 2 hours to remove old stuff and fit new stuff=easy! ;)
Also a lot of people have been wondering if gsi's r lower than standard novas and if so, by how much. Well i can now answer that question from comparing all parts b4 and after fitting and looking carefully at ride height. The gsi rear springs were approx 25mm shorter than my std ones, the front strut assembly looked the same as mine, ie no visible diff in damper or spring size.
However once fitted and taken to leeds and back (from bfd) the whole car looks about 25mm lower (esp the rear). Hence i am well pleased with myself.
Rich D, this answers some of the things we were chatting about, also i didnt get any b4 and after pics for u as my camera is fukd. I'll still write an article for your site though and u could use pics from haynes and pics of my car after fitting. Your welcome to use the guide aswel kev :)

Au revoir mon amis.
Tone. :D

Anonymous
16-02-02, 07:48 PM
See the article in Feb' edition of Total Vaux for further advice for better handling etc in Novas. Its all there if a bit confusing and jumbled up in places

Anonymous
17-02-02, 11:43 AM
the only diffrence that gte`s and gsi`s had shock wise was the fact there gas shocks.

im not sure about the later mk2 novas but most ov the old mk1s came with oil jobbies (so my quickfit mate says)

tony

u write a guide and ill stick it on the site for you no probs

Micky@novaload.net