PDA

View Full Version : Removing Mk2 rear bumper

Jos
18-01-05, 08:46 PM
Hey all, I'm having problems removing my rear bumper. I have a Haynes manual, but I'm not particually mechanically minded. Has anybody done this recently?

So far I have removed the centre nuts & bolts, but cannot find what else is holding it on :?

cheers
Jos

General Baxter
18-01-05, 09:36 PM
remove the two nuts from inside the boot,!

theres two ether side in the arch if you put you hand behind the arch and rub your had up and dow you will feel them, then just undo and give a mighty big tug!

big tug on the bumper tho :wink:

if you see where my bumper is hanging off there should be the two nuts behind there
p.s check out the 40mm drop lol
http://www.streetrace.co.uk/PhotoPost/data/500/126IM000155.JPG

Jos
18-01-05, 09:41 PM
riteo mate, just the arch nuts to go then,

lol nice drop,

thanks for advice

Mike.
18-01-05, 09:41 PM
you don't really have to be mechanically minded to remove a rear bumper lol

Jos
18-01-05, 09:42 PM
lol hmm true... but I couldn't make much sence from my haynes manual :oops:

chapers
18-01-05, 10:41 PM
my bumpers hangin off like that... i tried to push it back into a lil groove thing on the arch, it keeps on popping off again though, do you know how to get it to stay on??

chaps

chapers
18-01-05, 10:45 PM
my bumpers hangin off like that... i tried to push it back into a lil groove thing on the arch, it keeps on popping off again though, do you know how to get it to stay on??

chaps

Jos
18-01-05, 10:55 PM
youll have to fit somekind of bond, perhaps even a good ol' nut and bolt? but im not the best person to ask on these matters... :roll:

raza
20-01-05, 02:25 PM
Rear one come of easy for me front one was a diff story :| looks like i have to remove the wings to get it of and really dont want to do that as i prob wont be able to get them back on :O

Jos
20-01-05, 02:39 PM
you sure? Theres only 3 bolts on either side for me :?

Mike.
20-01-05, 06:43 PM
the front bumper can be a pain in the arse, you don't have to remove the wings, but it would be easier to take the wheels off, there are two bolts right in the wheel arch and there are another two on the inside of the wing

Jos
21-01-05, 09:48 AM
I found I had to remove the rear wheels to remove the rear bumper, but didn't find the front ones too hard

Matt Nova
21-01-05, 11:01 AM
you don't need to remove the wheels just jack it up high enough