View Full Version : PLEEEASE HELP

PE4
18-01-05, 05:03 PM
I have to get my car started by the end of the month otherwise the olds will have it scrapped!!!!!

I need to know about the wiring down the back of the engine, ie the Starter, Alternator, Pump etc, what colours and where?

I also have two wires that don't seem to have a home, well, I don't know where they go. One is blue and the other is Black with a yello fleck, they come out of the loom where the wires that go down toward the rear of the engine are.

Really want to keep the Nova, please help!

Steve

Stuart
18-01-05, 05:23 PM
does the blue wire have a bare spade terminal on it?

if so then its the dash coolant temp sensor

carbed or injection engine?

dunova
18-01-05, 05:25 PM
Anyone want to come and help me fit a 1.6i into my SR - please?

Injection :wink:

PE4
18-01-05, 06:11 PM
It does have a bare spade connector, so it is likely what you say it is. Where does that go then? The black/yellow wire also has a bare spade on it too.

Cheers

Steve

Nick
18-01-05, 06:14 PM
the dash temp sendor on mine clips on the inlet manifold i think..

could be different

PE4
18-01-05, 06:28 PM
I will go and have a look now, see if I can find a place on the inlet.

Cheers mate

Riggy
18-01-05, 06:33 PM
the black yellow one is for the auto choke on 1.3/1.4 carbs :D

PE4
18-01-05, 08:56 PM
I couldn't find the connection on the inlet manifold, should I be checking from underneath J-Nick?

So I can just forget about the black/yellow wire then, thats good, but its wierd that it was on the GTE loom!??!

Cheers for the help so far guys

Steve

dunova
18-01-05, 09:14 PM
The bit on the inlet manifold you're looking for (difficult to explain) is a small round bit sticking up on the top. It pushes onto the top of it-not like a normal spade connector

PE4
18-01-05, 10:20 PM
I'm still confused (too much nightnurse trying to kill this cold you see)

Can you give me directions, I am looking at the word injection on the injection, where do I go from there, left a bit? etc

Thanx

dunova
18-01-05, 10:49 PM
I've only ever looked at mine once tbh. Where it says '1.6 injection' is the rocker cover-you want the inlet manifold (the bit that says 'vauxhall EFI' on the top). It'll be round the back of that iirc. I'd have to have a look to be completely sure on that but it's dark now :roll:

I had a look in the haynes but couldn't find a pic of it.

PE4
19-01-05, 12:59 PM
I meant I was looking at EFI, but the I more specifically the 'I' I was pretty tired :oops:

The haynes points me to underneath the dizzy area, but nothing for it there?

Aragorn
19-01-05, 06:55 PM
its on the back of the inlet manifold where the heater matrix pipe attaches onto the inlet manifold - you'll see a square box with two pipe connections and the nippile sticking out the top

black/yellow is for the autochoke on an SR so u wont need that - just tape it up so it cant short out

alternator should have a blue/white wire attached to its small connection and a thick red on its big connection

PE4
20-01-05, 02:28 PM
Thankyou Aragorn, you are a life saver mate, I will go and do them now.

Cheers

Steve

-Bruce-
20-01-05, 02:41 PM
Just to confuse you all. My GTE loom has a yellow/black wire in the same bundle as the inlet temp and alternator etc.

But i dont know where it goes. Im sure it will be odvious when i plug the loom in!!

Bruce