PDA

View Full Version : how big can i go?????

the welsh wolf
18-01-05, 02:17 PM
i have a 1.0L spin and i wanna put a bigger lump in it, how big can i go without makin any mods 2 the engine bay??????..... rich :twisted:

alxlaw
18-01-05, 03:36 PM
iv got a 1.0 life and im putin in a 1.6, in the next few weeks (hopefully).....
anyway 1.6 was about as big as they made nova engines so they fit strait in no hasstle, well i say no hasstle, they fit together fine weather ital work or not is another question that i dont know but loads of guys on here put 2.0 ltr lumps in and i cudnt imagine the hell they go thru.....any way good luk with the engine trasplant dont chikin out like iv done b4

chapers
18-01-05, 03:58 PM
dont you need to reinforce anything when you put a bigger engine in?

chaps

dunova
18-01-05, 04:57 PM
Imo a 1.6 in a 1.0 will not need reinforcing, just upgraded brakes and suspension (should probably put the anti roll bars on aswell just to be safe) and it should be fine. But if a 2.0ltr is put in then yes i'd reinforce the shell (and do the above aswell).

Nick
18-01-05, 06:07 PM
on the GSi shell and the SRi shell some of the metal in the engine bay is slightly thicker, and they have some plates on the strut-top mounts.

but you should be 100% fine without strengthening, maybe chuck a strut brace on to keep things all tight.

the welsh wolf
18-01-05, 11:08 PM
nice one lads thanx 4 the advice, butr ive heared the 1.0L have slightly different engine mounts than other novas so check it out 1st b4 u put u 1.6 lump in it!!....... rich

Chris
19-01-05, 07:36 AM
you just need the 1.6 metal mounts which go betweent eh block and the chassis, only on the front engine mount though, gearbox mount will be fine