PDA

View Full Version : Building a Mars Exploration Rover (Small Prototype)

sTuDeNt
18-01-05, 01:54 PM
I am starting my project on building a simple behaviour mobile robot. My design will be based and adapted for the planetary explaration. Robot will have some form of AI (artificial intelligence) on board. Hopefully it will be able to learn.
Pics and progress will be maintained all the way through.
Final working prototype will be ready before middle of March

I am very excited!!! 8)

Stuart
18-01-05, 03:11 PM
2 words

good luck ;)

have you ever programmed AI into a system before? its a mare according to my mate. but he did make a kick ass fuzzy logic module but never finsihed the complete project.

is this your major project?

sTuDeNt
18-01-05, 03:18 PM
Thanks I will need that luck! :D

Now to do with AI. I am currently working on the simple three layer preceptron neural network. I am using PIC chip with about 300kb memory (i think but have to check it with manufactors) I am utilising C to write neural net and it should fit nicelly in to PIC as I am using dynamic memory alllocation. :twisted:

Yes it is my major project. :) The most difficult part would be to incorporate charging circuit with solar panels to make sure that the battery recharges at the time of decipation....

I will keep you up to date with it if want!

James B
18-01-05, 04:17 PM
christ, make me feel thick why dont you :o

SREmma
18-01-05, 04:40 PM
:o Afraid you lost me to GOOD LUCK sounds interesting if only any of it made sense :lol:

:lilangel:

General Baxter
18-01-05, 05:17 PM
ill come and shove that robot up your arse, when they can learn and take over the world :lol:

p.s the matrix has you :wink:

sTuDeNt
18-01-05, 07:56 PM
Its all good fun! :)

Nick
18-01-05, 09:43 PM
Used PIC chips in 6th form and i remember they were an absolute bastard to get working properly/reliably.

what are you studying at uni ?

Nick
18-01-05, 09:45 PM
lol,i thought my unltrasonic tape measure was "bling" lol

Mike.
18-01-05, 09:49 PM
just build a robot for Robot Wars its far more fun destroying the other robots, and think of the weopons

Col_Mk1
19-01-05, 01:35 AM
just build a robot for Robot Wars its far more fun destroying the other robots, and think of the weopons yup

Mike.
19-01-05, 07:50 AM
would be great lol

Alex
19-01-05, 01:49 PM
just build a robot for Robot Wars its far more fun destroying the other robots, and think of the weopons

Far too many boring rules banning you from all of the good weapons. I checked and of about 6 different ideas for weapons they were all not allowed.

sTuDeNt
19-01-05, 02:54 PM
For robot wars you are not allowed to use any projectile weapons at all. However I have a solution to it!!! :twisted:

Alex
19-01-05, 04:07 PM
projectile with a wire? I dont think that is allowed either.

I also know liquids are not, especially liquid oxygen and lighter fluid

Fester
19-01-05, 05:02 PM
Sounds like a bit too much effort. Why not dig out something youve already done then submit a plan for that as your major project :wink:

sTuDeNt
20-01-05, 12:59 AM
Curiosity I guess, and its learning new stuff everyday! Fester come on you love courseworks and projects! 8)

DrivingSpanner
20-01-05, 12:37 PM
so no flames, no misiles, that only really leaves axes and cutting/grinding discs!!!!

goooood luck with that project student. i much prefere mechanics as i can understand them properly!!!

Mike.
20-01-05, 06:46 PM
how boring is that no flames or or missiles :(

the yanks would allow it :wink:

skud52
23-01-05, 01:22 PM
i have to say the scrapheap version where they made remote controlled cars was much more amusing that robot wars ever was