PDA

View Full Version : Battery going flat?

Ojc
18-01-05, 10:32 AM
Hello

Ok it seems that something is draining the power from my battery.

I tried to get into it yesterday and the battery had been drained of all power and could'nt get into it.

Anyway, when I got inside I saw that the battery light on the dash was on, very dim but it was on, that was without any keys in the ignition.

Is there something wrong with the alternator?

I'm stumped.

Ben
18-01-05, 10:52 AM
I would imagine it was something to do with the wiring on the conversion as you could have an earth of etc.

Ojc
18-01-05, 11:08 AM
I think you could be right, the night before I was pulling out of the petrol station and the battery light came on, everytime I accelerated the light got brighter and the fuel pump got louder?

What earth wire could be off? Possibly the alternator earth?

Aragorn
18-01-05, 11:33 PM
sounds like the regulator pack has blown on the alternator

newboytothenova2
19-01-05, 04:35 PM
hi just 2 add i used to have a blue nova 1.2 used to get a flat battery every morning couldnt understand why..1 nite while w8ting for the missues i turned ignition off and it came back on on its own..thus tunring my system and every thing else on...if you look under the steering coloum shround there is a black..round thing with a plug of wires atached to it..that had worn out..causing the ignition to come back on on its own..mite be the trouble with urs iv heard of a few novas doing it