PDA

View Full Version : What the bloody hells that????

Novadex
17-01-05, 10:21 PM
Just Got me New Nova and found a big problem! To start off with the car was slightly pulling to the left (I assumed it was the traking), However its got a hell of a lot worse! when i excelarate it YANKS to the left and when i brake it YANKS to the right!?! its hard to drive in a straight line, and when i hit 100mph it trys to swerve left and right :o (I dont try that no more)! any 1 had the problem before? what is it? and will it f*** up my MOT in March? :cry:

Philsutton
17-01-05, 10:22 PM
check everything is tight on the front end, failing that check bearings and ball joints for excessive play.

Chris
17-01-05, 10:50 PM
if it is swerving all over the road at the moment then I wouldnt be worried about your MOT in March, I would be more bothered about injuring people

Chris

Novadex
17-01-05, 10:54 PM
if it is swerving all over the road at the moment then I wouldnt be worried about your MOT in March, I would be more bothered about injuring people

Yeah but i can keep control of it. ive only just baught the car and im more worried about where my money is going to go! :?:

Stuart
17-01-05, 10:57 PM
didnt you pick up on this "mild" issue on the test drive?

Novadex
17-01-05, 11:08 PM

Yeah i did, but like i said it diddnt pull to bad and i just thought it was the tracking :o

tom_beverley
18-01-05, 12:34 PM
:o DONT DRIVE IT ANYMORE

That happened on mine just before the tie bar snapped and the supension/tracking elements collapsed.

I would recommend you check the front panel for any weaknesses (probs under each headlight-take the bumper off), as that was what was wrong with mine. Also id check for any accident damage whilst your at it since it could be related. Id even get a garage to check it over if you're not sure.

I honestly wouldnt drive it anymore till its fixed im lucky mine happened just when i went to pull off. Think what would happen at 100mph............

Adam
18-01-05, 08:43 PM
lol.
Sounds like you got some serious suspension/brake problem(S)

Riggy
18-01-05, 08:57 PM
it wouldnt happen to be a red gsi with a really bad twisted chassis :o

if not like already said check all suspension components and around the front cross member and even try to get the chassis checked

_JH_
18-01-05, 10:53 PM
like everyone has said above it could be anything to do with the front track/suspension.

try checking the tie bar mount nuts/bolts and their holes. if it has had a cheap pattern front cross member fitted, they can bend a bit and the holes go out of shape.

also check the 2 bolt holes in the track control arm. if everything is moving back and forth (causing the drift one way when accelerating and the other when easing off) the holes can become kind of oval as it is only thin metal when you consider the extra forces acting on it if loose.

it will need replacing if this is the case, welding washers over the holes won't do unless your 100% sure its in the right place. (by all means weld washers over the new TCA holes to strengthen them.)

whitty_nova_1300sr
18-01-05, 11:47 PM
i wouldnt be doing a tonn in that, you checked the front cross member??

Dod
20-01-05, 09:33 PM
I reckon you're spot witty. I has an SR that was like that, the steering was mad on it and it was totally scrap. The whole cross member was ready to fall out of it. Rust, abuse and lack of any sort of bushings made it forrestry fodder. jumped 2 bridges and the whole lot came away!! Get it looked about asap mate. Not worth getting hurt, or hurting someone else! :wink: