PDA

View Full Version : Astra Engine Swap

danny-g-
17-01-05, 10:14 PM
Im supposed to be getting a 1994 L reg astra 1.4i 8v sport (c14se) tomorrow and I want to take the engine and box out and put them in my 1992 1.2i nova but I need advice in the way of swapping things, firstly I want to swap the astra brakes over but im also worried about driveshafts fitting, can I take the two ends of the astra 'shafts and use my nova centers?, Will I need a fuel tank of a Nova SRi with multipoint injection as the astra uses MPi and my nova uses SPi?, Will I need the nova SRi ECU or can I use the astra one?, Can I keep my Wiring loom or will I need a nova SRi one etc,etc...

Has anybody done this conversion before or am I better getting a nova SRi setup? :?

Please Help!!!

Thanks

Philsutton
17-01-05, 10:18 PM
you will want to use your shafts, the novas mounts, you will need the astra ecu an loom which comes with the engine ( this is seperate from the car loom) No need to change your car loom.

danny-g-
17-01-05, 10:27 PM
So its just the loom that disconects at the bulkhead or somethin and use my shafts as they are? or use astra ends?

burgo
18-01-05, 12:35 AM
use your shafts as they are and there is a big main plug usually near the bulkhead which is where you dissconect it from