PDA

View Full Version : engine help

storer
17-01-05, 02:43 PM
i dont no hardly anything about engines and i need to wire up my 1.4sri loom to my car that was originally a 1.2 on carb. ive mounted the engine and attached all the coolant pipes, accelarator cable and clutch cable.Now i need to wire the new loom to the car. i need to no where abouts the black wire and the red wire from the new loom need to be connected to.I believe the black is a switched live and the red is a constant live.
and also do i just run the thick red/blue wire from the loom straight dwn to the fuel pump?
if any1 can help with this i would be very grateful as i dont have a clue about wiring and ive been trying to get the car working for ages now.
p.s. can you tell me if i need any other wires wiring up to the car from the sri loom

Aragorn
17-01-05, 07:05 PM
red goes to battery +ive (via a 10-20A fuse)

red/blue goes to fuel pump (and some other components) again u might wanna fuse it (10a should do)

black u can take from the ignition barrel wires - however one is constant switched live and the other turns off when u crank the engine

u need the constant one (a multimeter should tell u which is which)

u should also have a green wire which goes to your dashboard for revs, a brown/blue which goes to the clocks for the engine management light, and a few browns somewhere which is earth