PDA

View Full Version : Baa baa black sheep the raceist

morrie
17-01-05, 12:55 PM
Was readin the paper yesterday, and there was an article about baa baa black sheep. It said that the name is gettin changed do baa baa happy sheep, due to racist issues. I fail to see the point in this as its a nursery rhyme. it doesnt even rhyme anymore.

Matt2107
17-01-05, 01:00 PM
Pathetic!!!

Thats all I wanna say on the matter

J4MES
17-01-05, 01:30 PM
i hate britains PC society, its doing my head in!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

morrie
17-01-05, 01:40 PM
if thats the case then theyd be as well to totally abolish the colour black. No more black coffee, cars etc.

Alex
17-01-05, 01:42 PM
erm who is changing the rhyme? No one has authority as it is not credited to anyone.
How are they going to enforce it?

steve-o
17-01-05, 01:50 PM
my mum used to work in a nursary, and if they sang baa baa black sheep they used to have to sing baa baa white sheep after wards!!

morrie
17-01-05, 01:54 PM
ok, got the paper here. it just says some stuff about the local authority. It also says the rhyme has never made children racist, thats due to outside influences.
It must be a government based idea.

hendrix
17-01-05, 02:20 PM
like the black board at school used to have to be called a chalk board but they still called the white board a white board. not fair lol
another annoyin thing. this black guy called a white guy a white s**t but nothing was ever said, yet if the white guy had called him a n****r or black b*****d then all hell would have broke loose. Just think society is a bit f**ked when it comes to racism

rachaelrebekah
17-01-05, 03:28 PM
this isnt the society that we know, the government are making of a fuss bout it than coloured ppl.

Sorry if i offended anyone by using the pharse coloured ppl.

sh0rty
17-01-05, 03:33 PM
my mum used to work in a nursary, and if they sang baa baa black sheep they used to have to sing baa baa white sheep after wards!!

i don't think you have to, it's just to get the point across of different colours. they should not abolish it. change it. whatever they decide to do. it is a children's nursery rhyme with an animal and a colour in it. i work in a nursery and we talk about "similarities" and "differences" between everything around us, including colour of skin, people, places etc etc etc.

rant over i cant remember what im on about now. lol

does that mean the world will come to :

family driving around the countryside:
child: theres cows in that field mummy
mum: yes dear
child: (innocently) there are brown ones, white ones, black ones

whats the mum supposed to say "ohhh dear dear me we can't call them brown and black etc.

that's what it'll come to tbh

Matt Nova
17-01-05, 05:10 PM
sad bastards

Philsutton
17-01-05, 05:36 PM
Thats so gay, who the hell complains about something like that.They need to to get a life

Mike.
17-01-05, 05:57 PM
thats the most ridiculous thing i have ever heard

well one of them anyway lol

Spud
17-01-05, 09:01 PM
baa baa ethnically diverse sheep??

have you any of your fair trade produce??

?Marty?
17-01-05, 09:34 PM
Stop making fun of my crooked Joo nose. Fuckers.

Benn
17-01-05, 11:57 PM
just like u cant call things " man made"

been told its sexest by my gf lil bro whos in 2ndre school

Jos
18-01-05, 11:55 AM
its the government thats introducing all these stupid regulations, every single person that I know from a different 'ethnic background' doesn't give a damn about it, unless it gets personal.

simply crazy...

no more 'man-holes' either, something like 'poeple-holes' :roll: do any females actually care? ... You don't see any females going down them, so surely they ARE man holes? (no offence intended)

society is getting out of hand

SREmma
18-01-05, 12:39 PM
:? It is mad thats what all children know it as! When i worked as a nusery nurse if we sung it we had to change the colour of the sheep i.e baa baa orange sheep etc. Its mad....

:lilangel:

Alex
18-01-05, 01:45 PM
Kids don't even link the rhyme to racism.

If kids were brought up not knowing about racism and didnt have it shoved in their faces by PC people it wouldnt exist

SREmma
18-01-05, 03:16 PM
That is true when u say black or white to children it is just like any other colour its like saying red or blue to them. Its true they dont have any idea about colour race or anything until its shoved into there faces. ( Well said Alex)..

Jules
18-01-05, 03:23 PM
One thing has puzzled me for a while now:

MoBo - Music Of Black Origin
There's a annual award ceremony and everything.

So where's the MoWo's?
If there was a MoWo setup then it's no doubt be deemed racist - or at least the name would.
What about the MoCo (Music Of Chinese Origin)
MoAo (Music of Asian origin)
etc etc etc

Discuss.

Alex
18-01-05, 03:28 PM
MOFO (french)

SREmma
18-01-05, 04:29 PM
That is very true why isnt there a MoWo's the list could go on racism is just getting silly its like Black boards and white boards at school i know it sounds silly but as soon as you mention black or white thats it everything suddenly becomes racist... :?

Spud
18-01-05, 05:38 PM
did anyone see that programme a few weeks back where they had a load of ''ethnically diverse'' kids and they had to pick out the pictures of who was bad people, who they would like to be friends with etc..

all the white kids picked black people as the ''bad'' ones and surprisingly so did most of the others

?Marty?
18-01-05, 08:11 PM
^^ I'd have picked Jesus.

Mel
18-01-05, 09:02 PM
I agree..it's stupid.

It's not a race issue..but it IS along the same lines:

I'm currently learning sign language, and our tutor tells us loads of signs that have now changed because they are "wrong" signs..for example, the deaf aren't allowed to use the sign for "deaf and dumb" because it's a piss take of them? Also, they aren't allowed to use certain signs that describe nationalities..such as French (which is a moustache type sign) because it's stereotypical lol..

I also agree with Alex..there wouldn't be a problem if it wasn't dragged up all the time and shoved in their faces..

morrie
19-01-05, 10:23 AM

So where's the MoWo's?
If there was a MoWo setup then it's no doubt be deemed racist - or at least the name would.
etc etc etc

Discuss.

Very true, good point mate

Barn
19-01-05, 01:02 PM

So where's the MoWo's?
etc etc etc

Discuss.
dunno what Jules...? I cannot belive you said that to be honest mate...I have been saying the same thing for fcuking years...its disgusting.

Its a little thing called positive discrimination...p*sses me right off.

hey, heres something for you all...on boxing day just gone, me and brother got arrested for no reason at all by a pakistani copper and his bully bum chum and this was the result...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v28/==>Bar/Dai_Blackeye2_Collage_.jpg

...they are now charging us with section 3 affray and saying that I did that to my own twin brother. its a fcuking joke. got a crown court trial now coming up and if found guilty looking at a couple of years for doing absolutely nothing wrong whatsoever...we were walking home from a pub and just 250 yards from my house.

fcuking t*ssers. all i can say is imagine me and my brother were black...it would be on the fcuking ITV news.

sh0rty
19-01-05, 09:07 PM
so who did it to you etc? :?: pretty bad tbh

its swansea tbh, i wouldn't expect much more. no offence lol. my mate was out up there once, came out of nightclub and got stabbed by a screwdriver :o but yet everyone says "i's the best night out ever" rofl.

Barn
19-01-05, 11:12 PM
the coppers did it!

Jack
19-01-05, 11:20 PM
:o

Any CCTV? Witnesses?

Barn
19-01-05, 11:45 PM
unfortunately not mate, well as far as we are aware at the moment anyway

it sucks mate, bigtime. total stitch-up. cant belive it.

SREmma
20-01-05, 09:39 AM
:o That is so wrong its disgusting that they can get away with it! I hope it all goes well and the truth comes out! That is totally shocking!!! :o

morrie
20-01-05, 10:55 AM
the reason they are in the police is cos they couldnt get a job at mcdonalds.

Stuart
20-01-05, 12:16 PM
swansea is a good nite out, but ive felt safer in some of the worst parts of london!!!!

you will get legal aid to take those two police oraficers down!!

ohh its gonna be like precint 13 lol, they will gun everyone down to prevent themselves from getting done.

have you been told to not go to the press?
i would go to them if i were you. even if it only gets you some cash to fund a decent lawyer! (dont get one that had a swansea institute law degree, i knew a load of them. they a fcuk wits)

Barn
20-01-05, 03:51 PM
thanks for the support ppl.

cambridge, no havent been told not to go to the press mate...I know about four different people who work at the evening post (the local news paper) in different areas so think I would be able to get the story in there no problem...its just knowing what to say.

Do you say the full-on 'look what your local coppers can do...?' or what?

I really dont know, lol.

Fcuking horrible situation