PDA

View Full Version : 2L 16V wiring info?

wide arch andy
17-01-05, 05:49 AM
Just put a valver into a carb'd shell, and been offered a gte wiring loom for nowt,would it be better to use the gte wiring loom than the orginal carb'd one from the car?? was a mint 1 ltr with only 30,000 on the clock and two lady owners.

Cheers.

Andy.

Aragorn
17-01-05, 09:45 AM
depends how neat a job u want, either way its gonna need chopping aobut as the GTE engine loom is all under the bonnet where as the 2.0 16v loom goes inside the car

i'd just stick with the existing loom and just wire it in, u only need a permenant live (battery), continous ignition live (ignition barrel, make sure u find continous one and not the one with starter cut) and a ground, plus a wire to fuel pump and engine management light and tacho feed

also take my advice and fit an injeciton tank if u havent already, the carb tank works but its by no means a good setup and u could quite easily melt summat if your raggin it around by leaning the engine out badly

shanemc
17-01-05, 03:37 PM
"i'd just stick with the existing loom and just wire it in, u only need a permenant live (battery), permenant live (ignition barrel, make sure u find continous one and not the one with starter cut) and a ground, plus a wire to fuel pump and engine management light and tacho feed"

not wanting to sound stupid but ive read what you've said elsewhere on the site,but what i want to know is where into the motronic loom to you wire in the permenant live (battery),the permenant live (ignition barrel) and the ground,and do you bring the feed for the fuel pump back from the ignition barrel or from some part of the motronic loom?im fitting a valver into a 1.3sr.
cheers,

Shane

Aragorn
17-01-05, 06:43 PM
ive never actually seen a 20xe loom but afaik theres a pile of multiplugs that usually sits in the drivers footwell on the astra/cav which is where the main power feeds etc all attach

some of the wires may be in the engine bay (my GF's mk3 astra has a round plug with some connections on it in the engine bay, but its not a 20xe)

shanemc
19-01-05, 05:40 PM
sound,my x20xe is out of a 93 cav,the std wiring harness has a round plug on it alright,but as far as i know that harness only serves aux stuff like switches,oil pressure senders etc,and its totally seperate to the motronic loom afaik.