PDA

View Full Version : Bhp of novas

raza
16-01-05, 08:45 PM
Hi just wondering what Nova 1.4 Sr with a standard engine what is the Bhp of it . And does a K And N Filter And full exaust Add anything to that And i see some stuff on ebay For ?14.95 what says adds 10+bhp to ure car and takes 2 mins to fit is this true ty

epo
16-01-05, 08:50 PM
i wouldnt trust those 10 bhp mods mate

iirc it just fools the ecu into thinking the car is going up hill all the time so puts more fuel in it

someone will correct me if im wrong like

raza
16-01-05, 08:53 PM
ohh no i wunt waste my money on that shite If i wanted more speed id do somthing else than by crap:P I see somthing in Halfords today Nos u out it with a full tank of fuel thats spose to work ?21 a bottle like half a litre any one tried that ?

Phil_G
16-01-05, 08:53 PM
Hi

from what i can tell youre talking about a carbuettor'd SR so there would be no way that those ebay "chips" would fit your car. However, if its an injectyion motor then Brother Epo is entirely correct

Phil

PS: they are a load of fucking bollocks - youd be better off spending a pound on a bag of chips and sticking them under your bonnet as at least you got a snack if you get peckish then!

raza
16-01-05, 08:55 PM
Yea They look bull anyway There like a metal dial with 2 wries :S (says fits any car) personally i think it is just a con:)

epo
16-01-05, 09:01 PM
im not too ashamed to admit this :oops: but i ordered one of the earlier mods which was just the resistor that you plug into your inlet manifold

i first joined here and said the same thing
am gonna fit this bla bal bla
and was told promtly not to :lol:

i thinks its stuck in me garage somewhere :lol:

Matt Nova
16-01-05, 09:05 PM
aye as epo says they are a load of balls and surely would damage engine over a long time

Snowface
16-01-05, 09:36 PM
your better off cellotaping it to the back of your foot pedal to give it a bit more weight when you put ur foot down, thats how bad they are.

Don't be fooled by the ones in a 'box' wither. I bet they are exactly the same but hidden.

Nick
16-01-05, 10:43 PM
i was under the impression they fool the ECU into thinking the car is running on a cold start cycle, which pumps more fuel into the engine.

exactly the same principal tho epo.

a 1.4 SR is 72Bhp i think, i could be wrong tho.

addind a K&N and a FULL exhaust system (including manifold) may see you up to nearly 80bhp. But just a backbox, your going to be looking at no more of a gain that 4-5hp.

raza
16-01-05, 10:49 PM
No its full And manifold as well damn need more Power ;\ As well as some New ht Leads =\

Nick
16-01-05, 10:54 PM
new HT leads will add... oooo about 0.3bhp lol.

Get some Twin carbs, or a single weber DTML (think that's the badger)

it's the quickest, and cheapest way to extract a fair gain from a 1.4.

if you want more than that, try using a 1.2 head, due to the better, cathedral shaped ports, an aftermarket cam and maybe some headwork.

raza
16-01-05, 10:56 PM
No new Ht leads are cos ones i got now Are fucked And there shorting so it aint running on all at the same time :$ First working on the body getting it looking half decent then tunes,,, then Engine i want a 2 litre in it eventually

dunova
16-01-05, 10:59 PM
i was under the impression they fool the ECU into thinking the car is running on a cold start cycle, which pumps more fuel into the engine.

iirc it just fools the ecu into thinking the car is going up hill all the time so puts more fuel in it

I thought it 'tricked' the ecu into thinking it was cold constantly and therefore advancing the timing and running rich. One's got to be right!!

peester
16-01-05, 11:04 PM
No new Ht leads are cos ones i got now Are f**k And there shorting so it aint running on all at the same time :$ First working on the body getting it looking half decent then tunes,,, then Engine i want a 2 litre in it eventually

agreed - first things first; get ya 1.4 running good; new plugs, leads, dizzy cap, sensors/senders ; whatevers needed if they havent been replaced in a while. it'll be a nippy car for the time being. then wen ur rich and famous ; 2.0 xe - if thats what ya want.
nice one.

raza
16-01-05, 11:06 PM
Yea u need to be rich to buy some decent Ht Leads :O ?60 for some nice blue ones RIP OFF:|

nova_kev
17-01-05, 12:03 AM
i have 1.4 SR chap! i have got a janspeed 4 branch, janspeed full system and pipercross bolt on filter on mine and have had it rolling roaded! i got 84bhp (probably out by about 3-4bhp) but found the car pulled a lot better.

they are a good starting point chap as im sure anyone on here will tell you 8)

-=VanMan=-
17-01-05, 03:20 AM
Yea u need to be rich to buy some decent Ht Leads :O ?60 for some nice blue ones RIP OFF:|

Half the price of mine cheap ass :evil:

epo
17-01-05, 08:29 AM
ht leads are ?40 from halfords and ?39.99 from ebay

Aragorn
17-01-05, 09:56 AM
just buy some standard leads, bosch or whatever u get at your local motorfactors

these fancy "8mm super silicon turbo 8000x better spark and +400000bhp ignition leads" will not make ANY difference to the engine over a set of new standard leads

epo
17-01-05, 10:18 AM
i bought those super duper blue leads for my car but there purely there for show just to tart the bay up abit