View Full Version : Twin 40's, which ones???

nova_kev
16-01-05, 11:35 AM
which do people prefer??

Paul
16-01-05, 11:40 AM
Webbers simply because parts are easier to get hold of.

Dont think theres hardly any differences between them.

Paul

-Bruce-
16-01-05, 11:45 AM
I would go with the Webbers as the parts are easyer to get hold of.

But the deltoros are ment to have a better smoother transaction from the idel jets to the main jets.

But performance wise i dont thinks there will be a great difference.

Bruce

Snowface
16-01-05, 11:46 AM
Dellorto parts are just as easy to get hold of, that statement is just a myth. All r/r's will have em and there's main dealers and everything just like weber.

m.d.
16-01-05, 12:49 PM
and dellortos are basically an upgrade of webbers. they atomise fuel better so are better for road use too.

webbers were desighned in the 60s and dellorto baught the desighn off webber in the 70s and improved it. they then put them on lotus engines etc

Nick
16-01-05, 01:55 PM
dellorto's have better overall fuel atomisation characteristics.

that's what i've allways been told by my local motorsport shop.

He can easily obtain dellorto trumpets,jets spares e.t.c just the same as Webber.

and apparently, webber have gone bust and have dissolved, so parts are harder to get hold of now. And will become even harder and more expensive in the future

Mike
16-01-05, 06:41 PM
very true, demon tweeks told me that weber will not be making carbs nemore?? :|

too bloody exspensive, thats why they've gone bust :lol: :lol:

Nick
16-01-05, 06:51 PM
well by the sounds of it , they wont be making anything for their carbs anymore.

so, you all have to rely on another company producing aftermarket parts (which probably wont ever be As good) or be paying substatially more for the parts that are still in circulation.

So if you see some cheap Webbers, snap them up becuase they may well be an investment for the future.

Riggy
16-01-05, 06:54 PM
haha cheap webber just have 100 and there mine :D

Nick
16-01-05, 06:58 PM
lol ?

seriously, if all this talk is actually true. You could find the prices of the carbs going through the roof.

dunova
16-01-05, 07:01 PM
My weber twin 40's were ?98 (from original nova sport) and came with the original manifold-sold the manifold for ?50, so ?48 for nova sport twin 40's! Not bad........ :lol:

Nick
16-01-05, 07:02 PM
i'd suggest keeping hold of them.

Snowface
16-01-05, 09:50 PM
haha cheap webber just have 100 and there mine :D

sorry? is this the caveman forum? lol.

nova_kev
16-01-05, 11:38 PM
cheers for the acvice peeps. think i might go for the dellortos purely due to the fact that webber have gone bust and bits are going to be hard to get hold in the future.