PDA

View Full Version : Adrian Flux

Custom_Calibra_Nova
15-01-05, 10:29 PM
do any of you use Adrian Flux? Both my cars are insured with them. Work this out if you can....

My Calibra costs me ?882 fully comp and my Nova ?486 fully comp. Just had renewals through for both, 4 years no-claims now. New quotes are ?490 for the Calibra and ?620 for the Nova.

Does anyone know why a 3.0l V8 supercharged Callie is cheaper to insure than a 1400 Nova? It dont make sense :x

BTW, i'm 24.

Phil_G
15-01-05, 10:39 PM
no idea why that would be.. insurance is odd like that

what engine you used in the calibra - i.e whats the original car it come out of and can i see some pics as me missus got a calibra and im interested

Phil

NovaNickHead
15-01-05, 10:41 PM
typical insurers...

going through a claim (not my fault) at the mo.....

they sent me a letter this morning saying as you havent declared your mods to the vehicle (which i blatently have) you need to give us an extra ?258 to update your policy so we can continue. i also recieved a covernote i requested this morning from the same company and it says on it "declared modified!" idiots. they wrote my 106 off but im keeping the car and yet they have requested i surrender the documents! for what i ask!?

muppets with 2 much of my money! its gone to their heads!

Custom_Calibra_Nova
15-01-05, 10:42 PM
the engine is a Bentley 3.0 Supercharged V8. I'll sort pics soon as i got my digi-cam workin.

Custom_Calibra_Nova
15-01-05, 10:46 PM
to**ers aint they?!?!?!?! stoopid ins companies. if the car aint dangerous they shud give u the option of repairing it at your own instead of writin it off.

Phil_G
15-01-05, 11:41 PM
howabout we pop down ( or meet half way) and compare cars then - my g/f is mad into her calibras and is interested to see this one!

Phil

PS:WHat gearbox you used in the conversion? arent bentleys RWD?

??Mm?
16-01-05, 03:54 PM
does Flux let u use your NCB on both your cars with a 2nd car discount then?

karl Rowntree
16-01-05, 08:14 PM
Hi, where abouts do you live in Birmingham as i may be close to you.

I too wouldnt mind seeing your calibra, didnt think it would be possible to do what you have done. I guess you are a bit of a wizz with the old mechanics then! And a 1.4 nova with 149 BHP! That is at the wheels isnt it?

Karl

SammyP
19-01-05, 11:09 AM
I'm with Adrian Flux and it cost me ?35 more to insure a 2litre Nova GSi with all mods declared than it did for my Astra GTE 16v. Was expecting it to be alot more than that.

Nova~Lolly
20-01-05, 02:36 PM
adrian flux quoted me 659 for my 1.4sr and then when i rung to take the actualy policy out-they said i had been quoted the wrong price and it wud infact be 850, i was so mad.what a bunch of arseholes. so now i with norwich union direct for ?59 per month.fully comp
pretty cool huh!!

Jack
20-01-05, 04:17 PM
adrian flux quoted me 659 for my 1.4sr and then when i rung to take the actualy policy out-they said i had been quoted the wrong price and it wud infact be 850, i was so mad.what a bunch of a***.

Are they allowed to do that? So far as I know if they quote you a price they have to honour it unless there's a change in the vehicle/person.

Philsutton
20-01-05, 09:35 PM
when i ran adrain flux i got quoted 2200 first off then i rang back few min later an did the same but it came out at 1700, not going to complain

Nova~Lolly
21-01-05, 02:52 PM
adrian flux quoted me 659 for my 1.4sr and then when i rung to take the actualy policy out-they said i had been quoted the wrong price and it wud infact be 850, i was so mad.what a bunch of a***.

Are they allowed to do that? So far as I know if they quote you a price they have to honour it unless there's a change in the vehicle/person.

no i dont belive they are so i demanded to speak to a manager but he sed he was unavailable.so i thought fook it i will try sumwhere else
was well annoyed

Matt Nova
21-01-05, 05:53 PM
not alowed to change the price bstards

Spud
22-01-05, 12:51 PM
i had a quote for my 1.0 from flux and it was over 2 grand so i gave up with them.

NovaNickHead
25-01-05, 03:16 PM
same thing happened to me i had policy on my 106

asked for quote to change to the nova i was gonna buy,

gave me a quote saying extra ?45 a month (expensive but hey)

so went bought the car and sat on mateys drive in my new nova rang them up and siad i had a quote today id like to take it up...

they said not prepared to insure you on it.

i went mad and they bumped it up extra ?74 a month and said thats all they could do...

responce to my letter of complaint....

"with regard to your letter dated 13th dec we have noted your comments regarding the quotaions which you have received but the figures quoted are with regard to an offer of insurance and clearly are subject to change"

arseholes!!

and be careful with Norwich union i was with them very cheap but expensive to cover modds and dont cover much! had to leave coz my cage invalidated my insurance

Nick
25-01-05, 08:34 PM
Custom Cailbra Nova guy

The "Bently" engine you say you have in your calibra.

off the top of my head.. the onyl 3.0l V8 bently engine that was ever produced in a bently road car was...

in 1919 for a lemans car, that they made 1656 cars of. So congratulations, your calibra is now worth about 100k.