PDA

View Full Version : kerr nelson racing leads

racershrek
15-01-05, 06:34 PM
hi just wondering if anyone can give me any info to help me out :
i race a 1.3 sr nova and bought some kerr nelson racing ht leads i was bought them of ebay and he said they were off a 1.3sr ive had them sat around for several months now and tried to fit them today on the 1.3sr nova dizzy cap the lugs are like bullets leads push onto them but the leads ive got are for push in dizzy cap can anyone tell me what car this cap would be off and would it go straight on my 1.3sr or would i have to change the complete timing unit cheers for any help

Custom_Calibra_Nova
15-01-05, 08:46 PM
i take it that you have the delco dizzy with the big black cap. the leads you have are for the bosch dizzy. the bosch may not fit onto your cam unless it has a round peg, the delco fitment is a slot. to convert, as i did, you will need a barrel type bosch coil and amplifier unit which fits underneath (off any 1600/1800 carb cavie) and the bosch dizzy assembly and cam (unless yours has the peg fitment) and the 2 pin lead from the dizzy to coil. dont get the 3 pin lead cuz its for injection engines only. the amplifier needs to be spliced into your loom, a vehicle elec will know where each wire goes or mb sum1 on here cuz i cant remember.

Snowface
15-01-05, 10:50 PM
right got that...... :roll:

:)