PDA

View Full Version : T40 checklist ! (with pics)

Nick
14-01-05, 05:58 PM
right, i'm about to purchase some T40's. Here are some pics sent to me, does this include everything i need ? as it's meant too. The guy seems like a top bloke, and i have no reason to doubt him.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v486/LaxPower/Image317.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v486/LaxPower/Image316.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v486/LaxPower/Image315.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v486/LaxPower/Image314.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v486/LaxPower/Image313.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v486/LaxPower/Image312.jpg

The only bit i cannot see, are any throttle cables ? Heres what it's meant to contain.

"A pair of DHLA 40L dellortos (brought for ?300 reconditioned) they still fully work and had no problems with them whilst on the car, taken off the day this listing went on ebay

Fuel regulator (brought for ?50 brand new)

Mangoletsi linkages (not sure how much but were brand new and are high spec and heavy duty)

Mangoletsi inlet manifold (brought for ?120 brand new)

Mangoletsi filters (brought for ?130)

Loads of fuel pipes and clips including a ?T? piece for the fuel which took me ages to get hold of

Mangoletsi manifold bracket (brought for ?30 brand new) this lowers the alternator to make room for the carbs

Alternator belt (?2 but it?s a smaller 1 because the alternators closer)

Il throw in some bolts and extra bit and bobs(even a spare set of linkages that ive never used) and even a carburettor manual which I brought fort the swop) ive even got the water pipe that screws in to the manifold which took me 2 weeks to get hold of"

From original ebay link.

Thanks for looking , Nick

Nick
14-01-05, 06:03 PM
P.s this is how the original seller describes the inlet manifold .

will this fit a 1.6 head, as he says they have been on a 1.6 GSi, and this is the block i am going to fit them to (e16se)

"The inlet manifold fits astra1.6/kadett 1.6e 88 on, cavalier mk3, vectra a 1.6, 1.4 corsa a,

AND ALL NOVAS EXCEPT 1.0 OR ANY WHICH ARNT OVC (over head cam)

The car which these was on, was a 1992 k reg 1.2 and trust me?very fast!!!

I then put them on a 1.6 gsi nova and??you wouldnt believe the acceleration and speed! But sadly im selling up because my girlfriends is nagging me to go on holiday and this is the only cash idea I have, so inless I win the lottery ive got to sell them"

as you can see, the description is a little confusing/contradicting about what applications the inlet fits ?

(if not, they are a good price and i'l simply buy a new inlet)

nathan.
14-01-05, 06:17 PM
are these going onto a gsi/gte head?
get a picture of the rear of the manifold and check it has round ports,
i made the mistake of buying a gte manifold off ebay, got it delivered and it was actually for a 1.3 sr.

m.d.
14-01-05, 06:22 PM
as sbove but other than that looks ok.

and dellotos are better carbs IMO. and according to the OHC god david vizzard

Aragorn
14-01-05, 08:36 PM
yer the cars hes listed the manifold is for are square ported 1.4sr style heads

get a pic of the other side of the manifold and see

Snowface
14-01-05, 11:17 PM
you'll need a connector to plumb the water into the manifold.

I had to get one of these for my manifold. Easy to get hold of though.

Nick
16-01-05, 10:24 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v486/LaxPower/Image321.jpg

as you can see, it looks like the head is a square port 1.4sr style.

So, roughly how much is a manifold going to set me back for a 1.6 ? and how much could i sell the 1.4 (above) inlet manifold for ?

also, it would lead me to believe the carbs are not jetted for a 1.6, more like a 1.4/1.3. How much does jetting cost ?

sorry about the dumbness, i've not really had any personal expirience with Twin carbs, so i really don't know how much everything costs. !

Jules
17-01-05, 12:11 AM
You'll also need the shorter alternator adjuster bracket (the one that the alternator slides up or down on to tighten/loosen the alternator belt).
Also take that belt to a motor factors and get a new one (for the sake of a coupe of quid) - then remember what make/model it came of for future reference.

I paid ?100 (I think) for a inlet for my old GTE lump from Peter Maiden Componants, but the fit and quality of it left a lot to be desired - try and find one else where if you can, you'll also need to get the hole of the EGR valve on the back of the head blocked off.

m.d.
17-01-05, 12:14 AM
can you not just use that inlet manifold but just port it to match the 1.6 head. not really a hard job and would save you cash

Aragorn
17-01-05, 12:40 AM
1.4 sr ports are up and to one side of the gte ones

Nick
17-01-05, 05:40 PM
is the alternator bracket not pictured...

the small peice of metal witht he two holes in it, with the belt wrapped through it ?

well i'm due to be paying ?300 for this lot, and i don't know if it's a fair price or not now.

especially if im going to be buying a new manifold, Alternator bracket ?, jetting the carbs

Jules
17-01-05, 05:45 PM
is the alternator bracket not pictured...

the small peice of metal witht he two holes in it, with the belt wrapped through it ?

The one pictured is the mounting bracket that lowers it away from the carbs (which you need) but you also need the one that bolts to the inlet manifold that the alternator adjust on.

nathan.
17-01-05, 05:59 PM
?300 sounds ok. you can always sell the manifold. that bracket is fine, exactly same as mine.

Riggy
17-01-05, 06:21 PM
i could be interested in the manifold nick as have just got hold of some t40s

dont know what ill do with them :lol:

but ill also need all brackets linkages and regulators etc so may decide to sell them already jetted for a 1.6 :lol:

Nick
17-01-05, 06:26 PM
riggy, the Manifold is for a Square port head (i.e 1.4/1.3 SR)

i need one for a Round port 1.6 GSi head.

if your interested in the manifold, PM me and we can discuss coinage :-)

Riggy
17-01-05, 06:28 PM
riggy, the Manifold is for a Square port head (i.e 1.4)

just what i need lol but my carbs are jetted for a 1.6 will have to get them re-done if i decide to keep them but need manifold anyway lol

Nick
17-01-05, 06:31 PM
rejetting is cheapish.

If you wanted the manifold, there is a a guy who owns a shop local to me, i can give you his contact number and he'd be more than happy to rejet your carbs.

Im near Manchester (lancaster) so it'd be killing two birds with one stone.

PM if your more interested.

Snowface
17-01-05, 07:03 PM
riggy, the Manifold is for a Square port head (i.e 1.4/1.3 SR)

i need one for a Round port 1.6 GSi head.

if your interested in the manifold, PM me and we can discuss coinage :-)
sorry j-nick but you seem to be putting out miss-information a bit recently.

The square port manifold pictured above will not fit the 1.3sr head very well at all as the ports are totally different.

It will however fit the 1.4sr. (& 1.2spi and 1.4spi heads if u were sick enough to do that) :wink:

Nick
17-01-05, 07:06 PM
sorry snowface.

i assumed to ports were the same shape.

Snowface
17-01-05, 07:09 PM
its cool. just thought peeps might go and buy stuff and find it doesn't fit right.

Nick
17-01-05, 07:10 PM
yes i understand.

your obviously alot more clued up about t40's and SRs, for an obvious reason.