PDA

View Full Version : Central Locking not working

Nova~Lolly
14-01-05, 09:12 AM
dont quite know why but ever since my car has started running properly again-the central locking does not work.it did it the other day and andy reconnected it and it was fine-did it again last night so andy fixed it this morning and ive just got to work and cant lock my doors unless i climb through the boot and i am not about to do that at work.
any suggestions as to what might be causing this and how can it be fixed
appreciate anyones help
cheers
chelle

Matt2107
14-01-05, 11:12 AM
I have this problem on my SR.

I think its a sign that the actual central locking solenoid is on its last legs. The best thing to do is probably pop to a scrap yard and get a replacement. If your sly then you could pocket it and get away with some five finger discount. (Just for the record I dont condone stealing :wink: )

Saying that though it may be an electrical problem, loose wire or a break in a wire.

Best to wait and see if anyone else has some more advice.

Nova~Lolly
14-01-05, 11:29 AM
THANKS MATT

Philsutton
14-01-05, 11:37 AM
i would say the same, mines fcuked right up but thats due to water getting into the central locking unit

Nova~Lolly
14-01-05, 11:59 AM
HMMMMMM well i dunno what im gonna do i cant climb thru the boot.any ideas as to how to mend it just for the time being. my nova is delocked so it makes it pretty awkward. :x

Nova~Lolly
14-01-05, 12:22 PM
http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=167413&highlight=central+locking

Is this possible.???? sounds odd but very familiar to me :o

Ste L
14-01-05, 12:33 PM
http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=167413&highlight=central+locking

Is this possible.???? sounds odd but very familiar to me :o

very unlikely on a nova

Philsutton
14-01-05, 12:47 PM
carry round a long thin ruler with you, you'll still be able to get into it easy enough for time being

Nova~Lolly
14-01-05, 12:50 PM
lmao that might look like im trying to steal my own car. :lol:

hendrix
14-01-05, 01:00 PM
ill fix it later, i know what it is :lol:

cruisingscotland
14-01-05, 01:01 PM
it works tho i had to do it to my old nova a few times lol

-tucny-
14-01-05, 01:16 PM
mine used to freeze. water used to get past the window seal and condensation used to build up, then on a nippy night they would freeze solid. i had to stick a hair dryer on the door for 10 mins or so to get it working!

because it wasnt a standard locking kit the link from the solonoid to the locking rod kept slipping aswell so sometimes i had to climb in the passanger side.