PDA

View Full Version : Front camber and rear toe is wrong (drastically)

tom_beverley
13-01-05, 11:20 AM
After sorting out the mystery knock at the front of the car (bottom ball joint) the camber was great...

Not any more :( The steering felt a little funny yesterday so i took it to get tracked (again) and the camber on the drivers side wheel has gone in the top of the wheel again. Pain in the fucking arse!

Going to strip the suspension down and see if i can 'persuade' the suspension strut so the wheel is straighter and hopefully get a free retracking. If this doesnt sort it, what else can i do so the camber is ok???

Passenger side is fine apart from the rear wheel which the toe in/out is bad. I thought i had a puncture the other day but when i took the wheel off i found a dirty great rip on the inside of the tyre and it was clearly visable the tyre had been rubbing the inside of the arch (the inner wing bit) and just split :?

The other wheel is fine............for now.............. but what could have caused this???? Bushes may need changing??? Bearings are fine incase anyone is thinking that.

Cheers for any help

Aragorn
13-01-05, 06:56 PM
the rear beam is fixed in such a way that if one side is out adn the other isnt then the beam is more than likely bent

as for the front

if its lowered -60mm u will have negative camber - simple as that

tom_beverley
14-01-05, 10:22 AM
Its only got a GSi setup now, i had -60mm but every arch would scrape since the offset on my wheels is shite.

I got it retracked yesterday and the camber has been reduced by half with a little pursuasion from a bar, but wether it will stay like that. What i was trying to explain is something must be wrong since the passenger side has a good camber but the driver's side is crap.

And for the passenger rear wheel..... it has a crap camber and the toe out a bit which is why the tyre would be scraping the inner arch/spring. Something is wrong there aswell....

Id hate to think the beam was bent, but it cant be because last time i got it tracked it was ok and i havent rammed up any kerbs or anything.