PDA

View Full Version : digi dash tips

MattNova
12-01-05, 02:11 PM
has anybody got any? im fitting mine hopefully early next week.

just wondered if anybody has got any "watch out for's" or "be carefull with" ect.

cheers

Matt

david dixon
12-01-05, 09:04 PM
cut off the white legs on the bottom of the clocks and you'll have to bend the brackets over on the dash-top screw holders to fit in the clocks, you'll see what i mean! give me a shout if you get stuck.

johnny27
12-01-05, 10:14 PM
On my digidash part of the plastic covering over the PCB came off unknowly, the dash shorted out against some metal behind where the dash sits, digidash now fcuked. Just be careful before you fit it to make sure the print does'nt come in contact with any metal.

az_e11
12-01-05, 11:48 PM
On my digidash part of the plastic covering over the PCB came off unknowly, the dash shorted out against some metal behind where the dash sits, digidash now fcuked. Just be careful before you fit it to make sure the print does'nt come in contact with any metal.

Hi m8,
Dont move the dash around when it is switched on, this can cause it to short, as i av done this to some standard clocks, burnt off most of the tracks, so only switch it on, one it is steady, and fitted securly

Also double check u connect all the improtant wires, especially the blue/white , if u dont then your alternator wont charge properly.
Test ur speed reading as well, and adjust red switch on dash as nessecary, before putin it all back in.
gd luk

8)

MattNova
13-01-05, 09:01 AM
cheers all, i'll let you know when ive done it