PDA

View Full Version : damn lightes

raza
12-01-05, 02:07 PM
Hi got a nova 1.4 Sr And my Dask isnt lighting up at nite when my lightes are on.! I took it to bits and noticed its Metal Speedo And rev counter Any ideas how to fix it ? As i cant see bulbs anyway :| thanks

Jack
12-01-05, 04:46 PM
You mean the lights behind the dials that illuminate them? Which dial set - SR/GTE/GSi (6 clock) or standard? (3 clock)

dan-hipgrave
12-01-05, 05:42 PM
You should be able to twist the bulbs out from the back of the instrument cluster - IIRC they are green plastic things that can be twisted out (or were on my instrument cluster)

Halfords or a local motorfactor should be able to give you some new ones..

raza
13-01-05, 12:39 PM
on the dash it as the speedo on the left rev counter on the rite there white dials But metal So the bulbs are not behind the Dials. I think they are little tiny bulbs about 6 of them what light up and only one is lighting up i think it is some electrical fault as i banged it and one of them come on ;\

raza
13-01-05, 12:41 PM
Sr ones sorry

raza
13-01-05, 12:58 PM
The thing is i used alan key and took of the dash and that . Then took of the perspex screen and the dials would not come out ;\ dont no if it was the cables holding it in place but dint wanna pukll incase i snapped anything i am shit with cars all i seem to do is try to fix somthing and make it worse lol

cruisingscotland
13-01-05, 01:03 PM
the bulbs just twist out i had to change all of mine,i threw blue led ones in

raza
13-01-05, 01:22 PM
Cant get the dial out tho to get to the bulbs =(

cruisingscotland
13-01-05, 01:35 PM
unclip t from the metal bar thing on the back of the speedo it just clips off

raza
13-01-05, 01:46 PM
yea i just done it now Ty Had to take of the Fan on the left to get to it its off now i need 4 new bulbs they have all gone ;\ So no big problem ty for ya help m8 (Y)

cruisingscotland
13-01-05, 01:48 PM
no problem mate