PDA

View Full Version : Passed my test today!!

NOVA_JONO
12-01-05, 01:18 PM
Hi, i passed my driving test today :lol: , so i will be able to drive to the Nova meets now. Anyone know when the next one is and if there is any in the north west?
Cheers Jono.

Matt Nova
12-01-05, 01:28 PM
nice one mate

theres a karting session goin on mate see events

MattNova
12-01-05, 01:30 PM
:smilecol: well done :+: how many minors? first time?

speed freak j
12-01-05, 01:34 PM
well done. was one of the best feelings in the world when i i passed mine. good one.

NOVA_JONO
12-01-05, 01:35 PM
Cheers guy's, it was second time, lol, and i got 4 minors.

MattNova
12-01-05, 01:41 PM
i dint pass the first time, but i got 8 minors on the second attempt, 6 on my first, lol, but 2 majors :(

as speed freak j said it is a good feeling isn't it.

well done

Matt Nova
12-01-05, 01:43 PM
i passed 2nd time got 6 minors

never been so happy thin ki hugged the examiner :lol:

MattNova
12-01-05, 01:44 PM
lol, i called mine a c*nt the first time when he told me why i failed. he got out of the car and walked off.LOL. i even had the same guy the second time, dont think he recognised me tho.

NOVA_JONO
12-01-05, 01:49 PM
lol. :D

Adam
12-01-05, 01:58 PM
lol, i called mine a c*nt the first time when he told me why i failed. he got out of the car and walked off.LOL. i even had the same guy the second time, dont think he recognised me tho.
Same ere, i was so pi**ed off that i just said well that it f**king stupid, the woman examiner just got out and waited for me calm down and then got back in and told me what i failed on. One wheel on line on the bay park, and 0minors, thats why i was pi**ed.
2nd time failed, summit do with turning right at traffic lights, 4minors, 1major.
3rd time lucky, 2minors, passed, examiner was a proper sound bloke, talking abou how he used to have and race rally spec cars,lol.

So well done mate, take it easy out there though. After i passed i nearly got caught out on a few tight country lines where i was going to quick for corners. And where i have only just managed to brake enough to stop for traffic lighs etc.
I have learnt my ways now though :lol:
You get used to it quick.
So well done :D

MattNova
12-01-05, 02:05 PM
yeah the first 6months or so is when you have to be the most carefull. in the first 2 months of having mine, i had already crashed (into a brand new ford focus estate DAMN) but like long lived the nova said, you do get used to it quickley.just keep it slow for a few months.

note:
my examiner failed me for pulling out unsafely infront of a lorry (it was a 30 zone, there was a 150-200ft ish gap, i pulled out and he classed it as unsafe) then i went into the curb whilst reversing round the corner (didn;t mount it, just went into it) and i got another major for that. so when he told me i was like "wot ya on about ya c*nt.lol.

Adam
12-01-05, 02:15 PM
yeah the first 6months or so is when you have to be the most carefull. in the first 2 months of having mine, i had already crashed (into a brand new ford focus estate DAMN) but like long lived the nova said, you do get used to it quickley.just keep it slow for a few months.

note:
my examiner failed me for pulling out unsafely infront of a lorry (it was a 30 zone, there was a 150-200ft ish gap, i pulled out and he classed it as unsafe) then i went into the curb whilst reversing round the corner (didn;t mount it, just went into it) and i got another major for that. so when he told me i was like "wot ya on about ya c*nt.lol.
LOL, but on the 2 times i failed, both were really stupid reasons. I mean parking with one wheel touching a white line, bloody hell, thats gonna injure someone.
:roll:

SREmma
12-01-05, 02:19 PM
:D Well Done mateits a wicked feeling when you pass your test! :+:

I passed mine first go 5 minors i think not 100% but i know it werent many!

I bet you cant wait to get on the road or are you all sorted already??

:lilangel:

Chris
12-01-05, 02:49 PM
Congratulations

-Bruce-
12-01-05, 03:46 PM
Well done. And only four minors, thats good.

Bruce

smithy87
12-01-05, 04:34 PM
Well done mate 8)

I passed in september and have got my first 'pass plus' drive on friday to reduce my f**king insurance!

?150 per month TPFT for a 1.3 with Norwich Union Direct......

BTW.......did 5-door MK1's have 1.3sr engines? If so, that would (i think) explain why my insurance is so much, that and that fact im 17......

Mike.
12-01-05, 05:59 PM
congrats mate

Mike
12-01-05, 07:25 PM
congrats matey! 8)

smithy87, NO 5 doors came with SR engines as standard :wink:

Philsutton
12-01-05, 07:30 PM
NO 5 doors came with SR engines as standard

oh but they did, the 1.3 5 door and the 1.4 carb 5 door had the same engines as the sr's

Adam
12-01-05, 07:31 PM
Well done mate 8)

I passed in september and have got my first 'pass plus' drive on friday to reduce my f**king insurance!

?150 per month TPFT for a 1.3 with Norwich Union Direct......

BTW.......did 5-door MK1's have 1.3sr engines? If so, that would (i think) explain why my insurance is so much, that and that fact im 17......
Dunno whats going on there. As LOTNSR'S said no 5doors were 1.3SRs.
5doors are usually 1.2s and 1.4spi engines.
Try LV, i got a quote about ?85 per month for a proper 1.3SR. ?150per month is ridiculous for a group 5 car.

NOVA_JONO
12-01-05, 07:36 PM
Thanks everyone, just need to get the nova back from the bodyshop now and go for a drive. lol