PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for the website

Anonymous
02-12-01, 12:43 AM
If u have any good ideas for the website then please leave sum sugestions here or email them to one ov the admin.

Any guides that you would like to be included should be sent to kev@novaload.net

Any new acounts wanted should be sent to ian@novaload.net

Any engine work/spares repairs query should be sent to ste@novaload.net

Any twin 40`s advice should definatly come from mc@novaload.net

Any student advice should come from breeny@novaload.net

and

Any women should be sent to micky@novaload.net :D

lol

Micky@novaload.net :)

Anonymous
02-12-01, 02:43 AM
Ohh god why do I have to be first - Right I?ve got one for ya and I not trying to be smart but is there any chance Ste can elaborate when he posts about anything i.e. you most the time only get one line from him, but the likes of CP will write a book for you telling you what wire goes where and where all the bolts are or even where to get the stuff from which is bob on coz if your asking something on here then it?s a sure thing that you need help and you want the info to put you own mind at rest I?ve seen a few ppl from here go to another Vauxhall site and get all the know how they need in one post. I?m not saying that Ste don?t know his stuff coz we all know he does, but if for example I was asking about 2.0l 8v /16v conversion I?d be asking the likes of Dec or Damian Coull not because he?s just done the job but you?d be more likely to get a good write up and even www. Addresses from him and not just mounts, shafts, engine & box, loom as you would from Ste.
Ste m8 please don?t take this the wrong way im not trying to diss you and don?t want to fall out with you or even jeopardise my Novaload membership as this is a bob on site, but Micky asked and that?s my only view.
v5uk

web site: www.perpetualbliss.net
E mail: v5uk@perpetualbliss.net

Anonymous
02-12-01, 10:48 AM
thats a good point mate, this is the sort ov stuff we want to know.

dont worry about loss ov membership and stuff, if the post is genuine then we want to know about it.

if we dont know we cant sort :D

Anonymous
02-12-01, 11:48 AM
Pewwwww I was hoping that none of the admin would think I?m taking the p**s as I?m not, I don?t often post on here as I cant see the point in posting s**t just for the sake of it unlike some ppl, but that don?t mean that I?ve died, just that I don?t need to know anything at the mo, I do however look in all the time and read all the technical posts with great interest, as you never know when something?s going to happen or you want to do summot to your car and its probable been mentioned before on here.
Ste knowledge is power, share it with us m8 please.

v5uk

Anonymous
02-12-01, 04:12 PM
lol i could say read the archives but it all falls on deaf ears!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16v Nova - Toolkit, Trouble, Points and great expence all come as standard :)

2.0 16v back soon :D

Anonymous
02-12-01, 04:18 PM
Maybe it would be a good to idea to have a sales/wanted section

NOVATRADER

KEV<--runs to hide as we chase after him shouting NOVATRADERRRRRRR.

:P

Anonymous
02-12-01, 04:21 PM
I do try to keep things short and i do try not to answer every post but it just don't seem to work out:'> soz

Anyway, you must be a mind reader Micky cos I had an idea about the tech stuff which I was gonna ask about. I don't know squat about pooters or website stuff but if I got some help I would be willing to set up a no frills site or wotever purely as an add-on from this site accessed thru' an FAQ link or summink with all the tech advice on listed A-Z. I would endeavour to keep it up to date so that all the perennial questions were covered plus any tech articles that anyone felt like sending. This would help free up the forum so that hopefully it would be easier to help out peeps who really are stuck.
Would this work do you think or have I got it all ass about face?

Anonymous
02-12-01, 05:59 PM
Nothing to do with the actual site as such but I wouldnt mind some proper Novaload.net stickers for the back window. I'm thinkin about getting one done at a signwriters anyway but if everyone had one u could then start waving/beeping horn/hanging out of window upon seeing other members without the problem of 'getting the wrong guy' and it just being a random Nova driver.

Hi officer.
What?
She said she was 16!
NOT AGAIN FFS

Anonymous
02-12-01, 10:05 PM
1. CP's point is good....
A-Z ...most frequently asked questions.
The archives dont always work, I can never get into them, at home or on my superfast PC at work... crashes all the time.
Put guides up for everything, inc da 2ltr conversion, what u gotta modify & where & how, what parts u need, how much they gonna cost ya, some good shops or sites to get them from...

2. Also, most sites have discounts from places if they have a lot of members, PNG, even MIG ...any chance to list the Novaload friendly companies? (like when Breeny scammed his wheels! LOL)

3. Updated Members Cars section ..."search" facility would be good, type in their name and that persons details appear, rather than scrolling through everything. (I cant even find myself in there!) ...and the ability for ourselves to update this, rather than inserting a duplicate entry?

4. Did I mention suppliers A-Z? and maybe have a poll section next to it, so whenever somebody from our site uses it, they could rate the company fairly on how good they were? 1 to 5 star?

5. Maybe split the For Sale & Wanted sections into their own bits? (like on MIG) ...just an idea, would make it more direct for what u r looking for?

6. Updated Feature Cars section? I knows there loads more that Ian Storey & David P have done to their cars since...

(...I'll shut up know... I've been in a car to Barnsley all day!)

Anonymous
02-12-01, 10:12 PM
That?s a good point Ste: is there anyway of making it easier to search thru the archives as most ppl will maybe have a look at 2 ? 3 pages then give up and just post again, How about a page with a list of site?s on here with say like fitting digi dash goto www.blahblahblah.com and so on, admin choose the sites as you lot must know where the best site?s are for what, and make em open in a new window so as not to take anyone away from here!!!! That?s if no one wants to give up there write ups but if they do then lets get them up here ( I know you do have some ) and make novaload a one stop shop for the nova enthusiast

Anonymous
02-12-01, 10:15 PM
Some good ideas :)

Anonymous
02-12-01, 10:38 PM
How about taking CC motorsport off ya links page, i was lucky to get my lights sumone quieter not as persistant and they would have still been waiting.

Twitchin like a pigs eye!

Anonymous
02-12-01, 10:46 PM
Ermmm maybe i shouldnt say anything lmfao

Anonymous
02-12-01, 11:09 PM
I think festers idea is alright, bit of merchandising wouldnt come a miss, EG Novaload Sunstrips, Graphics etc etc.

Updated Members section, try get as many chariots in as possible,1.0L, 1.2, 1.3\1.4 SR/i etc categories and so on.

Whats a VTS then??

grant@modifiedcars.com

""Formally Novaheat 612""

Anonymous
03-12-01, 03:03 PM
ok just a small suggestion...how about having a seprate page, which could be split up in to sections i.e what type of nova u have, be it 1.0l - 2.0l , then get peeps with the relavent size nova to send in mods they have done. This would make it good for other/new users to click on the relevent type of nova and get ideas on what mods to do.

- Rob

Anonymous
03-12-01, 04:39 PM
the stickers and merchandice has been discussed and is being looked at.
the search thing for the archives could be a very good idea.
CP you should be recieving an email soon.

sum good ideas there keep them coming

Anonymous
04-12-01, 10:02 AM
YOU SHOULD DEFO HAVE A "SUPPLIERS DETAILS" OR "USEFUL NOVA CONTACTS" (Like RoyBacer)
but add a rating for there service, price, etc...

Reason: I have been after SuperFlex suspension bushes ...most car accessory shops quoted me ?130 -ish, Novatech quoted me ?88 (which is better), BUT SuperFlex said ?74.96 !! I got it from them!

There should be a forum for info like this, it would certainly help (as I said ages ago). What u think?

Anonymous
04-12-01, 11:51 AM
that is already being looked into a full list of suppliers, as for having a forum saying i saved ?1.20 etc not going to work as would drop off the page, and noone bothers checking back for tech posts so certainly wouldnt for other info.

Anonymous
04-12-01, 04:18 PM
come on lads tell us what you want,

the site has had a small update today which helps us, help you.

Anybody with any usefull guides who would like them added to the site please email one of the admin.

Anonymous
05-12-01, 03:23 PM
how about regional meets? theres enuff admin to sort that out now no?
novaload stands at shows?
cruise cams ( i know that was talked about b4 but a digital cam at cruise could be a laff and shows some peeps novas that dont use site)

messenger system like pugteks got?

but i gotta say this, i think the only way forward for novaload is to branch out into a club like png was.

the sites got all u need, forums and knowledgeable peeps and the chat rooms an ace laff.

just a shame i live so far from all of yas cos id take a more active part in cruise stuff anf shows.

lol did i not go ono about a search facility for forums ages ago micky? tut tut ignoring me shame on u!

maybe more novas on site and getting that members profile would be good.

as far as techy stuff goes. the forum covers everything and haynes manual is a must for a nova owner(as every1 knows) and mods well u gotta be original with novas now cos everythings been done.

basically the sites very good.

dont need an admin for scotland area do ya lol.

Dave

Anonymous
18-12-01, 01:28 AM
How about a vote on the main page for where the novaload meet should be as discussed in the forums recently.
State three or four areas and let people vote for it.
Say, Sheffield, Derby, Birmingham, Lands End, and errr... Liverpool ????

The name is misleading - I am not wise, or wooden.

Anonymous
18-12-01, 04:53 AM
and yes i know thats 5... i can count... i think.
:D

The name is misleading - I am not wise, or wooden.

Anonymous
18-12-01, 10:04 AM
one other thing that could be done, aswell as the link for all the todays active posts thing, you could make a link that displays all the posts that have been updated since you last logged on. I know after a weekend, when I come in to work there are always alot more posts that I ahven't read than what is on the active posts list and maybe I am just lazy, but it would be easier if I didn't have to go to each individual forum to see what I missed over the weekend.

2.0 16v on it's way soon!!! (again!!!!) :)

Anonymous
08-02-02, 10:57 AM
On this subject of Novaload meets, an ad on the site might be useful. Or some kind of Table with dates and places would be great cos I can never seem to find one around the Luton, Milton Keynes area. I know there are loads but getting times and places is a hassle