PDA

View Full Version : What do ya recon????

Adam
11-01-05, 11:25 PM
For sale, 1988 Nova 1.2carb merit.
Its pretty close to me as well. Offers around ?750
http://i1.ebayimg.com/01/i/03/2f/71/9e_1_b.JPG
http://i4.ebayimg.com/03/i/03/2d/e9/99_1_b.JPG

dunova
11-01-05, 11:28 PM
Looks nice mate, loke the colour. ?750 sounds a lot though, unless it's mint and has no rust? Looks as though it's pretty good nick.......

Jack
11-01-05, 11:30 PM
^ lol not bad considering I sold mine for ?1000 :D

Mileage? History? Rust?

Matt Nova
11-01-05, 11:34 PM
not bad gorgoues looking car

Adam
11-01-05, 11:35 PM
70K miles.
Previously owned by a mechanic.
Lowered suspension, 4 new firestone tyres, centre exit exhaust, tinted windows. Also noticed its got an alarm, passenger door relocked, oval side repeaters, clear front repeaters.
Resprayed in Yellow, rust free.
So i would say the price is about right.

Ricks
11-01-05, 11:36 PM
thts a nice nova mate if u like it and wont cost u loads get it :D

Nick
11-01-05, 11:39 PM
looks nice, if it had some speedlines, or dare i say some other wheels on it, lowered a bit more, maybe some GSi skirts back on, it'd look really good.

however, the respray, from the photo's, looks a little cheap. theres just something about it.

also, if a cars just been sprayed. you wont be noticing the rust untill it comes through again.

have a really really thorough look round it (PM me if you don't know what bits too look out for, but i guess you will) and if it looks clean, it will make a good car with a few changes.

burgo
11-01-05, 11:39 PM
ooooo i like that :D

Nick
11-01-05, 11:41 PM
the wheels really let it down tho.

i think if you changed them it'd look alot alot better.

Adam
11-01-05, 11:42 PM
looks nice, if it had some speedlines, or dare i say some other wheels on it, lowered a bit more, maybe some GSi skirts back on, it'd look really good.

however, the respray, from the photo's, looks a little cheap. theres just something about it.

also, if a cars just been sprayed. you wont be noticing the rust untill it comes through again.

have a really really thorough look round it (PM me if you don't know what bits too look out for, but i guess you will) and if it looks clean, it will make a good car with a few changes.
Dunno how long its been since the respray. I got some Masitaly V5TRs that will look sound on there, but may need arch work, should fill the arches a lot more.
Trouble with fitting gsi skirts is that them abyss ones will be bonded on so may pull the paint off if you try and remove them. I think it would look better with gsi skirts, and a converted MK2 front end.

Matt Nova
11-01-05, 11:42 PM
my comp mo's in antracite oooooooooooooo fruity lol

Adam
11-01-05, 11:46 PM
I got these 16s in me dads car boot at the mo. They will smaten the car up if i get it, as they will look a lot bigger under nova arches than they did under my mk3 astras.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v86/Nova-crew/sidepicbumper-grill.jpg

Matt Nova
11-01-05, 11:48 PM
nice astra that mate

why you gettin rid?

Adam
11-01-05, 11:52 PM
nice astra that mate

why you gettin rid?
Its making a grinding noise when steering, either wheel bearing or cv joint gone. To get the wheel bearings done cost about ?150, car ain't worth that standard.
I could just swap the whole driveshaft with cvs on but have just had enough of it. Only just cured the cutting out and misfiring problem. :x

Nick
11-01-05, 11:53 PM
too many doors lol :-)

yes, i see your point about the skirts. if it's been freshly sprayed recently, it shouldn't be hard to blend the paint together, if it pulls some off and you have to have the sills resprayed ?

awful lot of work for some GSi skirts tho. mite look ok when it's lower.

if your after a new GSi front end, i can tell you the place where i got mine. original GM part brand new. un-primered.

or alternativly you could pick up an un-abused used Gsi front.

Adam
11-01-05, 11:55 PM
Trouble is matching the paint, it won't be a vauxhall colour and the paint code will be wrong on the vin plate so don't know 100% what colour it is. probably something fruity like deep jamaican yellow :lol:

Nick
11-01-05, 11:59 PM
good point

ram-raid B&Q and get them to mix some emulsion up on the dulux machine LOL

hmm soft-sheen.

Matt Nova
11-01-05, 11:59 PM
nice astra that mate

why you gettin rid?
Its making a grinding noise when steering, either wheel bearing or cv joint gone. To get the wheel bearings done cost about ?150, car ain't worth that standard.
I could just swap the whole driveshaft with cvs on but have just had enough of it. Only just cured the cutting out and misfiring problem. :x

unlucky mate think one of my bearings might have gone

Nick
12-01-05, 12:00 AM
?15 for a front bearing, ?30 labour.

?25 for a rear bearing including labour.

that's what i'm charged. i think all 4 of mine have been done now.

it's due to runing bigger wheels.

Adam
12-01-05, 12:01 AM
nice astra that mate

why you gettin rid?

unlucky mate think one of my bearings might have gone
Yeah they usually start with a droning sound, i think mine have passed that stage and its like using the car with no wheel bearings. You can feel the grinding through the car, really unpleasent noise. You can hear it from miles away as well, me bro said he could hear me turning the corner to my street. :(

Nick
12-01-05, 12:05 AM
yep that's the badger,

my mates clio has started doing it. but because it's a girly feminine french thing it's making a whining wimpering sound lol.

so i advised him to stop going round corners at 100mph. especially with me in it

Adam
12-01-05, 12:06 AM
?15 for a front bearing, ?30 labour.

?25 for a rear bearing including labour.

that's what i'm charged. i think all 4 of mine have been done now.

it's due to runing bigger wheels.
Is that ?15 per side?
If your alloys are a decent offset then they shouldn't really damage wheel bearings, but if your offset is away from vauxhal territory then they will start putting forces on the bearings that they were not made to withstand.
Its funny how i had alloys on though, and mine have gone, maybe a coincidence.
But hitting a big ditch in the road at 40mph didn't help much either :evil:

Matt2107
12-01-05, 07:45 AM
Do the bearings yourself?

Not too hard.

I've done all four on my GTE with my dad and also all four on my SR round-around.

Hardest thing is getting half the bearing off the hub as they nearly always come apart in two bits.

No problem for angle grinder man.

MattNova
12-01-05, 09:50 AM
nica car mate, not to fond of the color though.

NovaNickHead
12-01-05, 11:44 AM
respray looks fine to me! dunno how you can tell it looks cheap from those pics!!!

Adam
12-01-05, 01:48 PM
respray looks fine to me! dunno how you can tell it looks cheap from those pics!!!
I can see why someone said it looks like a cheap respray, but as my sig says, "It'll dink dank do me for me" :lol:
I have seen a lot lot worse by far.
Heres a few more pics :D
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v86/Nova-crew/Picture037.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v86/Nova-crew/Picture032.jpg
Just depends if i buy it how much more my insurance will go up from ?600.
Got about ?1100 in total, so ?750, may not leave enough for insurance. But if i sell them tsw alpines on it and put the alloys i already have onto it that may help.
Or do ya think LV will do this:-the astra was insured as my named driver, which i actually was, it was my dads car. It cost ?600, that was november, if i get it i would wanna take me dad off, make me main driver, swap the car to the nova, and then will need to pay the rest off. But i am now 18 so do you think they would let me pay the remaining cost monthly, i have already payed ?600 and current only had 2 and half months insurance from nov 04.

~~joycey~~
12-01-05, 03:44 PM
thats tidy as fuck mate :lol:

Adam
12-01-05, 07:26 PM
So i just gotta decide if i want it now.
750 for the car, and 350 extra insurance on top of 600 just makes me skint. :( lol
:D

Riggy
12-01-05, 09:20 PM
looks nice mate

offer him 700 for it and youll be laughin :lol:

Mike.
12-01-05, 10:15 PM
looks very nice mate :D

Adam
12-01-05, 10:15 PM
looks nice mate

offer him 700 for it and youll be laughin :lol:
LOL, yeah i'll see what i can do.
Probably gonna see if i can have a look at it at the weekend.

Stokie_Dave
13-01-05, 12:00 PM
TBH m8 i'd buy it or u'll be lookin for your nova forever. Looks fine to me and if its rust free its worth it (almost) anyway :P Offer him 650 and just barter from there :)

Adam
13-01-05, 01:30 PM
TBH m8 i'd buy it or u'll be lookin for your nova forever. Looks fine to me and if its rust free its worth it (almost) anyway :P Offer him 650 and just barter from there :)
lol dave.
Don't know what to offer as he may have bring it to me as i got no car get to him.
But bound to get summit knocked off,lol. :lol:
Gonna have a look probably at the weekend.

Mel
13-01-05, 08:44 PM
I think it would look better with gsi skirts, and a converted MK2 front end.

Take that back! Don't you dare mk2 it! :(

Adam
13-01-05, 08:53 PM
I think it would look better with gsi skirts, and a converted MK2 front end.

Imao
Now i have seen the front end pics, the MK1 front suits it, and it has a gsi dash, so mk2 inside, but the retro mk1 outside.
Will probably keep it as mk1 if i get it :wink:
Hows that mel :+: :D

Mel
13-01-05, 08:58 PM
That's what I like to hear :D

Mk1's ARE the future yunno :wink:

At least they will be when mine's finished :(

Adam
14-01-05, 01:55 PM
Its not looking good at the mo, the car is on ebay, and i emailed the seller and apparently someone has offered him ?900 for it.
So if he is genuine it don't look like i will be buying it. :? I thought it was only just worth ?700ish.
Well, the search continues.lol

Novadex
14-01-05, 06:10 PM
----------------
Dont Mk2 the Exteria but do the interia!! mk1 has a bookshelf!

Adam
14-01-05, 06:38 PM
----------------
Dont Mk2 the Exteria but do the interia!! mk1 has a bookshelf!
Well it don't look like i am getting the car.
The inside has a gsi dash anyway, so it is mk2ed inside.