PDA

View Full Version : Original Nova dealership history.

Nick
11-01-05, 10:17 PM
couldn't really think of a good post title.

but basically, i have the original tax disk holder, and numberplates from my local dealership (where the car was sold 13 or so years ago lol)

they are breaking, and the plates are cracked.

should i Go and replace them with tasteful unbranded ones.

or should i go back to the garage and get replacment plates with the original garage name on them !?

burgo
11-01-05, 10:19 PM
just get new ones from any where

Nick
11-01-05, 10:24 PM
without the garages badge/logo on ?

burgo
11-01-05, 10:27 PM
the only time id go to the effort of keeping the original dealership history is if it were a concours sport, anything else dont bother

Nick
11-01-05, 10:31 PM
i'm not convinced.

i think it's a nice touch to see (especially being my local garage)

skud52
11-01-05, 10:38 PM
its a brown mk2 nova. whats the point?

Nick
11-01-05, 10:40 PM
you have made a pointless, and un accurate post. what is the point !?

for your information, it's the best condition nova i've ever seen (that hasn't been repaired/rebuilt)

chapers
11-01-05, 11:06 PM
im with you nick i would jus because of the sentimental side of things lol sounds stupid but it make your car special in its own way blah blah blah

so i say 'DO IT'

chaps

Nick
11-01-05, 11:08 PM
yep that's what i thought. just sentimental things really. gives it a bit of character and distinction.

thankyou.

good to see someone posting a useful message (not aimed at burgo)

skud52
11-01-05, 11:09 PM
you have made a pointless, and un accurate post. what is the point !?

for your information, it's the best condition nova i've ever seen (that hasn't been repaired/rebuilt)

so whats so special about it's dealer plates? who cares what garage it ses on it, if it really is that imaculate then people wont be looking at your numberplate.

and if it aint brown your pictures do a great job of showing it

Nick
11-01-05, 11:10 PM
what is the point in posting that.

skud52
11-01-05, 11:13 PM
you wanted to know where or not to get the original garage on the bottom and i want to know what the point is, as i said, it doesn't make a difference, bit of a bullshit idea really

Nick
11-01-05, 11:16 PM
erm. the plates already have the garage logo on the bottom, as they are original plates. i would be replacing them with the same ones from the garage.

In essence it's the same as saying "should i replace my standard original gsi bumper with a kingdom one"

if you thoguht it was a shit idea, don't post. simple as. no point posting stupid blatently bullshit comments.

skud52
11-01-05, 11:19 PM
well if your just replacing them with the same plate why ask whether or not you should do it? surely that is a simple question even the slowest of people could answer on there own!

and how is replacing the same plate the same as changing from a gsi bumper to a kingdom one?

burgo
11-01-05, 11:20 PM
his car aint brown either, if you think that is brown praps you should of gone to spec savers

Nick
11-01-05, 11:22 PM
lol....... :roll:

Nick
11-01-05, 11:24 PM
his car aint brown either, if you think that is brown praps you should of gone to spec savers

thanks burgo.

glad to see theres at least someone else on the forum who didn't forget to go to primary school

Jack
11-01-05, 11:26 PM
if you thoguht it was a s**t idea, don't post. simple as. no point posting stupid blatently s**t comments.

Everyone's opinion is different, fair play to him for speaking up and saying he doesn't like the idea... but then there's no need for him go on about what a shit idea it is... :roll:

Go for it Nick, if thats the look you want and want to keep the original feel then go ahead. Probably won't add any value to the car in terms of money, but as mentioned the sentimental value can outweigh that :)

Matt Nova
11-01-05, 11:27 PM
its a real nice touch mate

if i was to buy new plates however i'd want no names on it at all

as if you get done buy a camera and information is dodgy then police will try to track you through the name on bottom on plate

if that makes sense :wink:

Nick
11-01-05, 11:30 PM
yep, i kinda like the subtle clean look.

but it'd be nice to have the "warton hall garage" and the vaux logo in small on the bottom, the same as now.

People have allways commented on the fact that it's a modded car e.t.c but i've still got the original garage name on the plate. kinda a quirky touch.

but i'm undecided.

Phil_G
11-01-05, 11:30 PM
j-nick -

There is fuck all wrong with paying attention to detail on a car like that mate. If you feel thats what you want to do then go ahead mate and thumbs up to you for it.

If you want a subtle plate without huge dealer logo then halfords is about the most discrete plate about (remember all plates made in the UK not under the licencing regs have to display a dealer name and postcode for tracability

Phil

Matt Nova
11-01-05, 11:33 PM
a1 motor stores is also a good one my local one displays it with the smallest legal font in a sort of see through colour

Nick
11-01-05, 11:34 PM
i even had a garage clear sticker in the rear window, that was on from new.

im regretting taking it out now.

as the car has been in warton since it was brand new. i'm the first owner to take it out of warton (warton hall garage you see)

i might go back, and see if they could make one to my design, retaining the logo but making it a bit more modern (after-all, they are 13yr old plates)

Matt Nova
11-01-05, 11:38 PM
gotta respect you mate you obviously care alot about you car and this deication is obviously overlooked

think you are puzzled on your number plate because you like the true history of the car when most people won't think twice about a number plate

Nick
11-01-05, 11:42 PM
lol i'm known for having attention to detail lol.

or being a fussy bastard as most people would say :-)

Fester
11-01-05, 11:55 PM
Warton eh, used to live there :D

They should be able to make up some new WHGarage plates easy enough :D

Nick
11-01-05, 11:57 PM
quality stuff fester.

the "cragg" is the place to be nowadays :roll:

warton is full of shafts now.

Fester
12-01-05, 12:00 AM
Our place was up 'Coach Road' but apparantly it's been renamed 'Crag Road' for some reason.

Glad I grew up round there! Biggest playground ever! I bet there's still some of the dens still intact :lol:

Nick
12-01-05, 12:02 AM
some of the dens still intact :lol:

intact, but full of discarded needles :-) lol

cragg road, is that the one that runs up past the cragg picnic/drugnic site ?

if so, trust me, you'l be glad you don't live there now.

the only other road i know is occupation lane, but that's not a road lol.

Fester
12-01-05, 12:07 AM
:lol: there were the drug users back in the day but never had any problems with the hidden bases :lol:

I don't know, whats the 'picnic site' :?: The bit at the bottom of the main way people take to walk up there?

benji
12-01-05, 01:23 AM
i have my original plates and all the dealer info that i got with the car. my plates are metal one's with the letter molded in. they're in the garage somewhere. 20 years old now

Jules
12-01-05, 07:08 AM
Haven't read all the posts, got half way down the first page and couldn't be arsed with all the argueing - sorry.

Anyway, when I got my GSi I wanted new plates for it as the ones it had on were manky, I wanted my local Vauxhall dealer (Marshalls) to make me some up soley for the reason of having "Vauxhall" on the bottom with the dealers number etc etc, but they only do them with "Marshalls" on with their logo which wouldn't of had the same effect, so I just had some 'show' plates done using motorbike lettering and kept the many originals for MoT / police etc etc.

Matt2107
12-01-05, 08:15 AM
Get the garage to do some originals j-nick would be a nice touch

Chris
12-01-05, 09:43 AM
I too cannot be @rsed to read all the thread, but I would say it would be nice to have original plates, although you wont be able to get the 'original' ones as they now have to have the postcode and name on.

Chris

Nick
12-01-05, 05:58 PM
oh right chris, thanks. don't think i really want the postcode on lol.

it's not as bad as "marshalls" , Warton hall garage sounds quite posh :-)

maybe i can get them made up by someone else, but that might be copyright or something lol.

Sorry about argueing jules, it wasn't my fault, it's just some idiot posting stupid pointless posts containing snide remarks.

Mike.
12-01-05, 06:08 PM
go for it nick :D glad to see that you take pride in your car, and hows yopur car brown pmsl :lol:

Mike
12-01-05, 07:14 PM
get the orginal plates back on!

i have 'em on mine, "huddersfield" garage! :lol:

me mates corsa GSi has metal plates on :?: he went to Germany (in the force's like) and got 'em made up, Tin plates with british flag on. well smart 8)

Barn
12-01-05, 08:27 PM
nah, i would just get some nice clean new plates with nothing on them other than the reg mark.

scott.parker
12-01-05, 11:47 PM
Well it not the best pic in the worl but its the only one i could find..

http://img127.exs.cx/img127/3711/plate9fm.jpg

Ok you carnt make out what it says,but it's the origanl plates from vauxhall agin like yours..

It was baught from a place *up north* said in best north accent,lol

Called

Auty & lees Limited
284 the rock,bury,lancs,BL9 7AB

And use to belong to guy call mr r moore,lol call me bond :lol:

Well looks like he got it on 24/6/94 second owner with 23.000 miles on clock for ?6000..

Just thinking howmany other ppl know there cars history and how far its traveld down or up the contry,as mines done some miles.

PS: im therd owner :P

scott

Ste_Nova
13-01-05, 12:38 AM
i'd do it... my old sr had all the dealer stickers on it etc...

SRimon
13-01-05, 12:45 AM
i even had a garage clear sticker in the rear window, that was on from new.

im regretting taking it out now.

Hmmmmm if you were keeping it bogo, and it was a GSi yes i agree...for concours value, but as its a 1.2, i dunno, not really...

Mine had the original stickers etc from new, still got the original plates...but ill prob change them cos they look faded etc

Aragorn
13-01-05, 12:58 AM
Rough Mock of garage branded plate:

http://www.fancyplates.com/step1.php?front=&back=&reflective=no&bothwref=no&slantontext=no&comments=&plate_set=set&frontother=&backother=&registration=J234+JKR&font=font13&shadow=normal&border=no&color=black&side=back&bottomtext=WARTON+HALL+GARAGE&manufacturer=vauxhall&logo=vauxhall_logo_a

Plain Plate:

http://www.fancyplates.com/step1.php?front=&back=&reflective=no&bothwref=no&slantontext=no&comments=&plate_set=set&frontother=&backother=&registration=J234+JKR&font=font13&shadow=normal&border=no&color=black&side=back&bottomtext=&manufacturer=vauxhall&logo=no

Other Plate:

http://www.fancyplates.com/step1.php?front=&back=&reflective=yes&bothwref=no&slantontext=no&comments=&plate_set=set&frontother=&backother=&registration=J234+JKR&font=font13&shadow=normal&border=vauxhall&color=black&side=back&bottomtext=&manufacturer=vauxhall&logo=no

bottom two defo look better imo