PDA

View Full Version : Possible new Job!

Matt Nova
11-01-05, 05:24 PM
the college i've been waiting on may have found me a placement its working for on the north yorkshire railway lines in pickering

only ?100 a week first year due to being apprenticeship

i'd be learning how to weld etc

Jack
11-01-05, 05:46 PM
Sounds good. If you find any old railway relics or artefacts (signs, nameplates, boundary markers, etc), have away with them - my dad's into all that kinda thing and they can sell for a mint!

Riggy
11-01-05, 06:40 PM
congrats mate hope it all goes well :D

?Marty?
11-01-05, 08:22 PM
I will pay you more. I will pay you ?120 A WEEK!!

By sub-contracting a job out. i.e. I will apply for a job that 'a monkey can do', then delegate the actual employment duty performance part to you, micro-manage you, and pay you 'a portion' of MY earnings.

Riggy
11-01-05, 08:40 PM
sounds good :wink: :lol:

Mel
11-01-05, 08:45 PM
Good luck. ?100 a week is more than what I get for being in full time education (and part time work) but its worth it to be guaranteed a job, and gain experience as well :wink:

Nick
11-01-05, 09:20 PM
lol i'm working in an architects for ?200 a week.

and that's a full whack wage for my age (i.e someone with no qualiifcations, pre uni)

so ?100, on apprenticipe isn't bad at all !. i think you'l find that by working the "bad" shifts, like at night e.t.c you can earn alot more.

Mike
11-01-05, 09:43 PM
i repair watches for an amazing ?320 a week!

im not even 19 yet, but over 200 a week goes onto bills :cry:

Matt Nova
12-01-05, 12:05 AM
well i can hope i can keep my night job workin 6-9.30 and earn another ?100 from that

then its ?200 a week min gaining experience lots of money for car as have no debts apart from car

Rob-16v
12-01-05, 01:43 AM
everyone on here has got real nice novas, is that all u spend your money on?

Will
12-01-05, 09:31 AM
some ppl would argue its better than pissing it up the wall so to speak

congrats on the job!

Chris
12-01-05, 09:53 AM
Yep, congratulations on the job Matt.

I dont have one at the moment, but No lol

Most people on here who have the 'real nice' ones as you put it have done it slow time and just gradually got extra bits and done extra work to make them the exceptional standard they are at now

Chris

epo
12-01-05, 11:32 AM

I dont have one at the moment, but No lol

Most people on here who have the 'real nice' ones as you put it have done it slow time and just gradually got extra bits and done extra work to make them the exceptional standard they are at now

Chris

except dan did his in record time :lol:

congrats on the job mate

i started out on ?60 a week

congrats with the job too

Matt Nova
12-01-05, 11:42 AM
cheers lads that first year will be bitch on ?100 a week but i'll get through it as the money will go up eventually

Nick
12-01-05, 06:09 PM
usually after your apprenticipe, you'l be on over twice as much as you are now. it'l be a good job.

I would love to just finish my nova off now (needs some things) but up-north, i can never find the things i want, and everyone selling on ebay is usually midlands/east/south.

so it's a case of finding stuff as it turns up really. which is a bummer.

Jack
12-01-05, 06:13 PM
everyone selling on ebay is usually midlands/east/south.
Yet everytime I look on there everything seems to be up North :lol:

.... but then I consider everything from Brist upwards to be North lol...

?Marty?
12-01-05, 07:50 PM
Everyone SHOULD spend ALL their money (and borrow more to spend it too) on their Novas. It's an investment.

Spending ALL your money, continuously doing and re-doing your nova is far better for securing your financial future than a pension. Or owning tangible (an i or an a? Fuck knows. I won't Dictionary.com it this time.) assets.