PDA

View Full Version : Car failed M.O.T today

Matt Nova
11-01-05, 01:06 PM
needs alot of work doing mostly welding think its actually cheaper to get a different nova gutted

OS headlamp aim low
osf repeater not working
horn switch missing
osf inner wing holed and corroded
rear sills holed and corroded
corrosion near rear axle
hand brake cable

would cost some coin to do it and don't know if I can justify it

raza
11-01-05, 01:10 PM
yea when i got my car i paid ?300 for it no tax or mot prob paid too much but just wanted it failed on mot on shit loads of stuff about 6 bits of welding . Reer shock mount Corroded flexi hose was gone on front front to rear break pipes was gone but the biggest job was the welding i paid ?200 to get all the work done i dont think it was too bad for all the welding some of the bits was quite bad person who had car before me bodged it up with filler and painted black over it ;\ Ass hole!

Matt Nova
11-01-05, 01:12 PM
i haven't had a quote on the welding yet might go back up tomorrow and ask

raza
11-01-05, 01:15 PM
the place where i took it for a mot i asked them for a qoute they said 375 i nearlyu laughed i took it to a little back street garage where he as done al my work he did it for 200 shop around m8 always get it cheaper else wear

burgo
11-01-05, 01:16 PM
OS headlamp aim low - easy fix
osf repeater not working - check the bulb!!
horn switch missing - lol why exactly
hand brake cable - easy enough
osf inner wing holed and corroded
rear sills holed and corroded
corrosion near rear axle
can you get pics of the last three ??

Matt Nova
11-01-05, 01:25 PM
i'll get it up on ramp tomorrow and have a look

epo
11-01-05, 03:48 PM
gutted i hate mot time too

hendrix
11-01-05, 04:10 PM
they never said anything about repeaters not working on mine and its been like that for 2 years :?

Matt Nova
11-01-05, 05:14 PM
its a faulty wiring stupid l.e.d ones guna have a look but weldings more important at the moment

Jack
11-01-05, 05:35 PM
its a faulty wiring stupid l.e.d ones guna have a look but weldings more important at the moment

Mk2 doesn't need side repeaters. Take them off when you go for a retest if they're still not working :lol:

Riggy
11-01-05, 05:54 PM
gutted mate , mine failed the other day aswell need a bit of welding on the rear chasis
and one of my coilovers have burst :o :o

Will
11-01-05, 06:00 PM

cause of your tints?

lol

Mel
11-01-05, 08:15 PM
Sorry to hear that..BUT is that all its failed on? Of course it's worth the work. If you love the car (I presume you do due to the fact that you are on this site) then its worth ANY amount of work (IMO :wink: )

If everyone scrapped their nova for every lil bit of welding that needed doing there'd be none left. :wink:

mark1astramad
11-01-05, 11:11 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:
mine failed 2 day!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HERE GOES
horn not working( hasn't got 1,due 2 me takin it off sat n not puttin back) :oops:

nearside steerin rack gaiter split
frnt x-member corroded + holed near tie bar mounts

excessive travel in handbrake lever
" " foot brake pedal
no effort on o/s or n/s handbrakes

o/s & n/sfront innerwing to chassis corroded + holed

n/s front chassis holed(near rad bottom hose)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v612/mark1astramad/carpics057.jpg

me thinks the tester was a WANKER coz the rust is minute, and the rest of the stuff i know coz ive got the stuff in the boot apart from steering boot!!!!!!

ive paid 35 quid for parts n 35 for mot and paid 120 for car with full tank of juice(30 quid)
:lol:

Matt Nova
11-01-05, 11:24 PM
gunna go back and get a price on the welding

why dosen't it need repeaters for mk2

Matt Nova
12-01-05, 11:18 AM
i got quoted ?200 plus VAT for the welding

then theres the brakes :?

i can't decide what to do

Matt2107
12-01-05, 11:28 AM
put it into context.

?200 for another years motoring.

If you get it fixed you'll probably find it'll be another couple of years before you need any more welding.

Matt Nova
12-01-05, 11:46 AM
?200 plus vat so what 220 230?

then theres sorting handbrake

i just don't have that cash at the moment

epo
12-01-05, 12:49 PM

cause of your tints?

lol

its the exhaust i always think they'll fail it on they've never said anything about the tints :D

Matt2107
12-01-05, 01:04 PM
if its just that the handbrake cable needs replacing then thats a nice easy job.

Cant you borrow some money off your parents?

You simply have to do this work, it'd be a crime to let your car go to waste.

Matt2107
12-01-05, 01:04 PM
Infact you MUST get the work done. :D

We've decided for you :P

NovaNickHead
12-01-05, 01:10 PM
are you really gonna find an equiv nova for under ?200 with less work to do to it??

fix her or borrow a welder and have a crack at it yourself!

or

cash in hand!! sooo many people do welding nowadays ask any factory worker, most will have a welder at home

Matt Nova
12-01-05, 01:23 PM
lol
need to get my car through to my mates garage so he can have a look at it bloody bstad cars

think walking is cheap

are you really gonna find an equiv nova for under ?200 with less work to do to it?? no but i could finally find a black sr that i've always wanted

mark1astramad
12-01-05, 07:50 PM
ive spent 90 quid on parts so far,but even if i do all the work,the bastid wll find somethin else with mine.

i aint lettin him write this one off :lol: :lol: