PDA

View Full Version : rustic fantastic

PrimaNova
11-01-05, 09:44 AM
:twisted: zup every1.im nu ere n wish y'all a happy no year :twisted:

bought a 5door 1.4i the otha day n woz wonderin if it woz worth duin up. zgot 107k miles on da clock n everythin else works pretty cool.
2 probs tho...1) rust on the doors 2) dont av a garage and/nor xperience in doin cars up...but would really luv 2 coz i lyv novas.my ex had a Sr AND a GTE (not at the same time) n i'm jealous...so i wanna make her jealous of mine. saw a really cool 5door on the featurs akshully n woz thinkin ov doin tha same 2 mine.

any thouts welcomen 8)

piece

James B
11-01-05, 10:25 AM
first off welcome to novaload mate :)

secondly if your tempted to do up a 5 door then go for it. Would be rarer than the 3 door equivalent, and if done right can look quite cool. As you said, look through the features on the site for some inspiration.

First things first though, if it was me, would be to make sure all the basic mechanicals are all sound, give the engine a service etc etc before embarking on any other mods. First one should be an alarm ideally mate. Always a good place to start what with all the theiving scummers around

James

PrimaNova
11-01-05, 10:31 AM
hey thanks 4 replyin man. i 4got 2 mention the stuff that came wiv it.
Sony ICE
Cobra Alarm n Immobiliser
and i think 13'' alloys.standard tho,not sure what make.

i think that's it. ur rite bout the service etc. it's rite at the top of my 2do list. need to get rid of rust as well,but dont have a garage n the weather's crap now as well. u think i can hire out a workshop space sumwhere? live in bristol at the mo

James B
11-01-05, 10:37 AM
you could hire out a space or a garage or similar, but it all depends on how crazy your gonna go with your own work. For a service you shouldnt need one, however summit like removing the rust you may do. If there is rust on the doors you may find replacements hard to source as its a 5 door, I'd take it to a bodyshop unless your confident yourself. While your there, if you can get them de-locked then all the better. I dont know off hand if your alarm has R/C/L capabilities?

James

PrimaNova
11-01-05, 10:41 AM
ye my alarm's got remote cenrtal lockin.
waht do u mean exactly by de-locking my doors?

James B
11-01-05, 10:50 AM
one of the simplest ways to break into a nova (close your ears chavs) is to yank the door lock barrel out of the door and twist it, bingo. best way to combat it is to remove the lock barrel completely then they cant do it obviously!

then get a small metal plate welded in, smooth it over with bodyfiller and get it all sprayed up.

Jobs a goodun

PrimaNova
11-01-05, 11:04 AM
sounds guud, how much is THAT gonna cost me?

James B
11-01-05, 11:17 AM
really couldnt tell you mate because iv always done it myself, also depends a lot on where you go obviously. dont take my word for it but personally id think ?100 or less?? others may be of better help here than me.

Anyway not only is it more secure it looks a lot tidier as well mate, cleaner lines :D

smithy87
11-01-05, 12:25 PM
Welcome, glad to see another 5-doorer! lol........

8)

burgo
11-01-05, 12:39 PM
welcome to novaload mate

p.s. ill warn you before admin do, less of the text type

boredbloke
11-01-05, 01:13 PM
I've got a five door 2!

I've a bit of rust on mine but only on the bottoms on the doors, if you've got 2 fix bad rust on doors then delocking it won't cost you too much i shouldn't think.

Personally i'd do it myself, if you don't use the locks maybe cut then metal on the inside to prevent chavs nickin it before you get the chance to sort it out.

Chris
11-01-05, 01:51 PM
I didnt read any of that. If you go back and edit it into normal typing/words then PM me and I will go back and read it. Please type normally, just a quick warning (which doesnt mean anything from me) but it might just save you getting banned straight away

Chris

PrimaNova
11-01-05, 03:03 PM
apologies to all the management et al. i thought you guys would be more relaxed on the matter of chatting in forums,but that's ok with me anyway. i write proper english all day at work and just find it an escape to connect with my 18 year old inner teenage boy.i'm 26 myself and just got my first car,so i'm quite excited on the prospect of modifying it myself and/or with the help of a garage.

So, now back to the real issue. Thanks everyone who's posted replies so far.i could do with all the help I can get really.I'm a complete novice, so anything from changing oil, to filling the petrol cap to redesigning the interior (i'd love to have it in red!!!), etc I'll be asking you guys about. So i'll be looking forward to chatting to all of you (more often once i get internet at home!)

cheers

Matt Nova
11-01-05, 03:15 PM
welcome mate

i'm sure everyone on here will be able to answer your questions

Riggy
11-01-05, 06:04 PM
welcome to NL

if your after a red interior try looking for a red and grey sr interior