PDA

View Full Version : WHY?!?!?

Gaz1.2
11-01-05, 09:34 AM
i have a 1.2 ohc carb nova and it has (apparently) had the whole head rebuilt due to a problem that occured at my local vauxhall MAIN dealer! They baiscally had a look at my engine and some little chav from the local college knicked my brand new BOSCH silocon leads and replaced them thinking i wouldnt notice also they took my K&N filter off and put it back on wrong resulting in a missing bolt on top. This was all while some decent vauxhall mechanic was changing my tappets. anyway the little chav was blabbin about it to his buddies at college and we overheaard needless to say he isnt workin 4 vauxhall anymore! back to my problem. i took it to a local garage wen it started to run rong and found that it was due to that 1 missing bolt finding its way in to my engine via the carb and it tore my insides apart in the top half of my engine. they completely rebuilt the head including new cam etc and now 8 months later oil is getting to my spark plugs and this is causing me to change them all the time could u tell me wat is wrong? oh there is no white deposite on the oil cap although there is alot of blue smoke ( could that be due to wrong oil that mate put in at garage again?) oh and there is no heating anymore! short circuit maybe? any ideas?? cheers lads and keep those novs goin!

Aragorn
11-01-05, 09:44 AM
the oil is getting on your plugs due to oil getting into the combustion chamber (hence the blue smoke)

this will either be piston rings or valve stem seals

if the head was rebuilt recently then the valve stem seals should have been replaced which leave the piston rings

does it smoke under load or at idle?

generally if it smokes under heavy load LOTS but not as much under less load its the piston rings, valve stem seals would show on start up and on revving the engine after leaving it idling for a while

Gaz1.2
12-01-05, 09:31 AM
cheers for that any1 have any ideas on the interior heating problem?? also it is overheating like a bitch now!!!! all the fuses were changed but its still not workin! also the other day it cut out although the battery wsnt flat so we tried bumping it to no avail and the had to jump it and now its starts 1st time!!! come on guys work your magic again!!

Stuart
12-01-05, 10:02 AM
answer the smoking question that was asked! under load or not under load?

id guess the head gasket has gone if it over heats

does it use water?

nova_kev
12-01-05, 12:05 PM
i agree with cambridge, sounds very sus of the headgasket

johnny27
12-01-05, 07:30 PM
Check to see it the water bottle has to much pressure blowing back or mixing with oil, good signs of a blown gasket and/or warped head.

Mike
12-01-05, 07:33 PM
headgasket knackerd. sounds very likley! :|

Gaz1.2
18-01-05, 09:14 AM
the water bottle is fine and the smoke is only under load also no mayonase under the oil cap

Nick
18-01-05, 12:47 PM
piston rings.