PDA

View Full Version : [b]help needed digy dash[/b]

PROF
11-01-05, 01:52 AM
Just got 2L 16v it has got digy dash fitted it all work's apart from the speedo can any one help with witch wires dus what.
some one must no please help is there any wireing diagrams anywhere
Email me richard@greensp226.fsnet.co.uk
Thanks
Richard

DEATHCAT
11-01-05, 09:47 AM
here m8 ;)

i think you need to make sure the blue/red wire is connected correctly and is earthed and has a live feed. ;) hope this helps

http://www.placeyourbids.co.uk/wire_colours.jpg

rsintheplace
11-01-05, 12:47 PM
just thought id share my experiance. i had 2ltr 8valve astra gte after a few weeks of havin it my speedo wudnt work properly, kept on flickering, i found that the sensor on top of the diff towards the bk of the gearbox(takes reading form the differential, however depending how newer your motor is your speedo may run through your ABS if fitted) was faulty(wires were corroded and shit). hope this helps ya at all, slight possibility that it mite b different tho. but its worth a look and a check

PROF
11-01-05, 08:18 PM
Many thanks to the both of you i will have alook tomorrow.
one more bit of advice there are 3 wires coming out of the gear box sender witch wires go to what.
Ones again thanks
Richard

DEATHCAT
11-01-05, 11:03 PM
you need to connect the red / blue wire from the speed sender to the red / blue wire on the white plug. you then need to connect the black wire and the brown wire from the speedsender to the black and brown wires from the white plug.

this bit i had probs with remember to connect only 1 black wire from the white plug to the black from the sender and the same with the brown and the other blacks and browns from the white plug connect to the same wires from the black plug into the nova loom ;)

Nick
11-01-05, 11:06 PM
connect the red/blue wire on the back of the digi dash to the blue/red wire on the gearbox sender(transducer)

then connect the black and the brown wires on the gearbox sender (transducer) to ignition and earth (black and brown)

it's just colour for colour.