PDA

View Full Version : Wish me luck.......

dunova
10-01-05, 11:25 PM
.....got an exam tommorrow-thermodynamics and fluids (yes they are as fun as they sound :lol: ) and i'm bricking it!!! Can't really sleep, which won't help tommorrow at 9am when it starts :roll:

Got another on thursday and final one the following tuesday. I LOVE exams :evil:

Adam
10-01-05, 11:27 PM
Good luck mate, i got some exams in a week or two.

dunova
10-01-05, 11:37 PM
Cheers mate 8) I really hate exams and can't wait until i never have to do one again! Tbh they don't even really test your actual knowledge-especially if they limit you to 40 mins or something stupid like that!
I mean, they're supposed to be testing what you know, not how quickly you can get the answer and write :evil: :roll:

Good luck with yours mate :wink:

Adam
10-01-05, 11:44 PM
LOL, alls they test is your memory, learning all year comes down to an hour exam. Stupid really :roll:

PrimaNova
11-01-05, 03:44 PM
good luck man.i live in bristol too.maybe you can give me some hints n tips on where to go to get some bodywork done etc.just bought a 5door 1.4i a few months ago. it's got a few bits n pieces already but i need to remove some rust on the bottom part of the doors and maybe service it as well. the arial is a bit crucked and the petrol cap is cheap plastic n looks ugly.then i want to redo the interior with maybe a red dashboard white dials red gear knob/stick red pedals etcs etc

dunova
11-01-05, 03:49 PM
Well to cheers me up after my god aweful exam my magnum rear bumper arrived!! 4 weeks of waiting has paid off 8)

Hi PrimaNova i'll be going to the bodyshop soon with my bumper when its on-it's a guy in Bedminster. He hasn't got great facilities but he's cheap and for small jobs such as a rear bumper he's fine (wouldn't be able to do a full respray though). Where in Bristol are you?

I was considering getting a 5 door, they can look really nice if done properly and i really like the round arch's-look great slammed 8)

Philsutton
11-01-05, 05:58 PM
Ive got a thermodynamics exam week on tuesday, 3 hours long. Great.

dunova
11-01-05, 06:18 PM
Only 2 hours 10 for me :D

Thermodynamics and fluids are alright really, it's dynamics and stress that i struggle with (and that's my thursday exam!)

Phil what are you doing at uni? Mechanical engineering?

Wish i had done business or law-sooo many fit woman :o

Philsutton
11-01-05, 06:20 PM
im doing astro physics, dont even talk about fit women an the lack of them. The only people that do physics are geeks, although there is one seriously fit girl on my course

dunova
11-01-05, 07:07 PM
:lol: Women never do clever subjects :lol:

Mel
11-01-05, 08:26 PM
:lol: Women never do clever subjects :lol:

Hmm..I'd take that back. I'm currently doing a law course (equivalent of degree), AS Government and Politics, and have A level Psychology, Sociology and Law behind me. (amongst others)

Depends though what you class as a "clever" subject. I'm blonde, but I have brains :wink:

I wanted the money, which is why I chose the law, but I would LOVE to pick up the mechanical engineering course offered at Northampton college, which deals with all modding aspects, which is what I prefer..

dunova
11-01-05, 11:26 PM
You don't really have to be clever to do law-if you have a point and can 'back it up' then you get marks, just like sociology. In sociology you can argue that poor people are poor because they smell, if you can back it up :lol:

Apologies if that makes not much sense, i have visited the local publi = house and drank many beverages to destroy recently revised brain cells :lol:

ps-as i stated recently, law women are fit! You must be fit!!

PrimaNova
12-01-05, 09:51 AM
bloody hell sum serious student flirtin goin on here! i myself am an Aerospace Engineering graduate and work for Airbus in Filton at the moment. Would love to stay in BRistol coz the women are fit (although they'r the most stuck up minxes i've ever seen..it's a challenge though!), and it reminds me a bit of london without the people and tubes and dirt and grime...not enough places to go out though.

i live in Southville mate, so not far from where that guy is probably.i know there's a garage on north street n another one on coronation road.which one is it?i really wanna get rid of the rust!

MattNova
12-01-05, 11:39 AM
good luck mate, i had an exam yesterday in structural science (HNC) not as hard as yours i bet, but i still hate exams. hope ya do well.

dunova
12-01-05, 06:22 PM
Primanova, that 'bodyshop' is just off of north street in the little link road between north street and coronation road. There's also a guy there that does MOT's-he's quite good at letting small pointless stuff slip (such as a sunstrip that is just over the legal limit-not if it's WELL over though!).

Cheers matt, structural science doesn't sound like a walk in the park mate! Got another tommorrow-been cramming abit today and my brain is dead :morning: That's all thats been keeping me going-especially after last night !

Also, primanova i go the UWE in frenchay-only 5 mins from filton 8)

Austin_Nova16
12-01-05, 07:25 PM
Just get all of those formula in your head and fill the first page of the answer book with all of them after your 15mins reading time.

Then you can simply look back at the formula as and when you need it throughout the exam.

I found this helped me loads with Thermo, as there were sooo many Formula to remember.

And remember, last minute revision IS a good thing.

Deffo feel for you mate, as I sat my final exams last year (BEng), but anyway... Good Luck!

dunova
12-01-05, 08:26 PM
Thanks mate, there are stupid amounts of equations! I've done thermo now (was on tuesday) and i've got dynamics and stress tomorrow. My brain just doesn't 'get on' with dynamics, don't know why! So it's going to be the hardest tommorrow.

Fully agree, last minute revision is great-gets everything in your head just before the exam and then you can just get it all down on paper-give it a week and i've forgotten most of it again!

At the moment i can't really see me passing this year, but i felt exactly the same last year :lol: see how i do i suppose.......