PDA

View Full Version : I NEED HELP!

Novadex
10-01-05, 06:40 PM
Ive jus spent ?2000 on a Nova 1.6 GTE! The car its self is tidy and sweet! i got it from an old man who bought the car new. the milage is low and i have all the old MOT and service reciets! As you can proberly tell the car is not the problem, Its what to do next! She runs well and ive stuck a K&N air filter under the hood, I no a few things about engin mods, however i no nothing about the "art" of styling! could anyone sugest the first things i should do to my beast to make her a pleasure to the eye! (Bearing in mind the money aint to great). Any ideas welcome :D E-mail me on: Dex03@Hotmail.com

Come on Novaboys give me some feedback! :)

Joey

mad-driver
10-01-05, 07:08 PM
if its mint and an old bloke had it keep it original

epo
10-01-05, 07:15 PM
first thing i do is stick a decent alarm and imboliser on it then id maybe go for a set of 15\16" wheels clear rear lights, clear front indicators,
mesh the front grill
single wiper
window tints
subtle bonnet vent(s) gte or renault 19

depends what your after
kits can be picked up fairly cheap

Mike.
10-01-05, 07:26 PM
change the wheels, but don't go to big. then slam it on the deck, because its a gte they look great as they are, but as epo said put a set of clear rear lights and clear indicators on it

oh and you can't go wrong with a set od DTM cup mirrors or manta 400 mirrors

Jack
10-01-05, 07:27 PM
if its mint and an old bloke had it keep it original

Agreed to a certain extent... tidy the engine bay, polish/colour a few bits... maybe GSi interior (dash, seats etc)

And as epo said, get a decent alarm/immob on there. Its all very well having a mint nova, but won't be much good when its been nicked and lying upside down in a ditch on fire!

Mike
10-01-05, 08:24 PM
lying upside down in a ditch on fire!

that, unfortunatley seams the future of nova's at the moment? :cry:

Novadex
10-01-05, 10:34 PM
The GTE bodywork is great, I would like to change a few things eg: Wheels, Bee-sting and i like the look of the M3 mirros etc etc (Jus minor things). But im not to keen on the MK1 Dash! Ive been told that its easy to change to the MK2 dash??? Is this posable a good idea and will it cost? any ideas? Thanx ppl, Joey :?: :D :?:

Mike.
10-01-05, 10:44 PM
m3 mirrors are a bit common tbh

but its your car and iff you like them go for it

Jack
10-01-05, 11:16 PM
The dash is an easy swap, there's a couple of guides on the net but most of it is swap wires like for like (except heated rw switch/blower rotary switch). Don't forget to get the Mk2 steering column shroud too, as the Mk1 version won't fit!

Std grey mk2 dash will be around ?30-50; GSi black dash will be about ?50-75.

boredbloke
11-01-05, 01:41 PM
if ur that hard up get a cheap grey dash 20 quid ish and use vinyl dye black it'll look awesome costs about 20 quid as well so u'll save a tenner on buying the proper gsi one!

burgo
11-01-05, 01:47 PM
I NEED HELP! Ive jus spent ?2000 on a Nova 1.6 GTE :lol:

Mel
11-01-05, 09:18 PM
lol..Woohoo mk1 :wink:

Clear indicators, smooth bumpers, meshed grill, mk2 dash (preferably GSi black dash), delock, good alarm/immobiliser, beesting, 15/16 alloys, lowered.

Sorted :D

Please please PLEASE do NOT in any circumstances put a kit on it, or ruin the bodwork/engine etc. Nice STANDARD GTE's are very rare. Oh, and DON'T mk2 it :wink: :lol:

sickrabbit
11-01-05, 09:23 PM
first thing i do is stick a decent alarm and imboliser on it then id maybe go for a set of 15\16" wheels clear rear lights, clear front indicators,
mesh the front grill
single wiper
window tints

depends what your after

get onto ebay sharpish ... i picked up a pair of clear rear lights for ?38 !!!

burgo
11-01-05, 09:42 PM
mesh the front grill
single wiper
window tints

depends what your after

get onto ebay sharpish ... i picked up a pair of clear rear lights for ?38 !!! thats not exactly a bargain mate the ?50 brand new now http://www.corsacentre.com/pages/specialoffersDetails.asp?ProductID=1517

Jack
11-01-05, 11:36 PM
Oh, and DEFINATELY mk2 it :wink: :lol:

Better :wink: