PDA

View Full Version : FAO RichDale

Anonymous
31-01-02, 04:37 PM
Rich...
You still got your antibes?
if so... when you sell it how much you looking for? estimated figure...
i reckon i know someone... (maybe even me!) who would have it.

The name is misleading - I am not wise, or wooden.

Anonymous
01-02-02, 12:45 AM
um.....tricky question that one!

I was told (on here) that it was worth about ?800, which seams fair to me considering the MANY MANY hours I've spent on it.

BUT, I've taken quite a few bits off it since then (such as Cav alloys, stainless zorst, SR seats, digi dash and more smaller bits), so the value will obviously be less than that, BUT, I thought the old value of ?800 was too small for it as it was before.....I see standard 1.2's in decent condition advertised for ?600, so I don't want to let it go for that!

In the end though, it depends what I can get for it really....and I could do with selling it asap 'cos my Dad's bugging me for his garage back!

Oh.....I've got a set of nice Corsa wheel trims lined up for it, so those 13" black steelies will look quite smart :D
I've already got two trims fitted on it, that my Dad found at the side of the road, with another two coming soon.
My Dad's getting two new ones for his Corsa so I'm having his old ones.

I've done a new spec. sheet for it to put on NovaBug with the "For Sale Spec." listed, but it's not finished yet......the car's not quite ready for selling you see.....I've got to sort out the zorst back-box, wire up the horn and central locking, and make covers for the speaker holes in the door cards!

I'll let you know when the spec. sheet is up on novabug, then I'll ask on here what peeps honestly think it's worth!

P.S.......let us know when you get the timing belt etc and I'll sort the SR out for ya.....it's a pity we couldn't do it when you were off work though....ni mind....we can get it organised ;)

Anonymous
01-02-02, 10:52 AM
I got some 14" lxi alloys,tyres aint up to much,urs for ?40?-u aint emailed me for ages!

sideskirts soon

Anonymous
01-02-02, 11:24 AM
i payed ?75 for a mk2
and u can get good 1.2mk2s for ?500 in trhe autotrader old novas ain't worth much these days

16v Engine fitting and advice... mail me for a quote :D

Anonymous
01-02-02, 01:39 PM
rich...
gimme a yell when you got the spec sheet up and you know how much you want for it...
a mate of mine is after his first car and i reckon if i can afford yours i'llhave that and fob him off with one of mine.

The name is misleading - I am not wise, or wooden.

Anonymous
04-02-02, 10:27 PM
ste.....too true you can.....my Uncle bought a VERY GOOD MKII 1.2 Saloon for ?500, BUT, the ones at that price haven't got all the many mods and the re-built engine that my Antibes has got......it's only got about 4K miles since the FULLY re-conned head was fitted, and only about 2K since the rebuilt Weber etc.
It's only got 98K on the car as it is anyway, which isn't bad for a late 87 Nova!

Plus, there's the NEW rear arches, new front wings (two years ago), near perfect doors and tailgate plus partial re-spray, so all in all, it's got a LOT more going for it than a standard 1.2, be it a MKI or MKII.
Price wise, it makes little difference if it's a MKI or II anyway these days, unless it's a sports model.

It's a lot better (and quicker) than a standard SR so should be priced as such I recon...seams fair to me.
There's only the lack of sports seats that stop it virtually being an SR anyway...it's got everything else (including anti roll bars front and rear, central locking and body kit). The sports seats are available with it anyway, including the Antibes fabric I got, planning to re-trim them to match properly.

Bob......cheers for the offer, but the car looks quite smart with the 13" steels, and anyone who buys it is only going to fit alloys straight away anyway, so it may as well be sold with the steelies on.

Wisewood......I'll do that ;)
I have to say though that there's a lad I know at a local tyre shop, who's asked to be given first refusal on it.......he asked about it ages ago (a couple of months at least) when he knew I was thinking of selling it (when I going to look for a Cav SRi).
Also, the lad I bought the GTE off knows a few peeps who he knows will be interested.......I'll have to see what peeps are willing to pay.