PDA

View Full Version : Wiring 2.0 16v into 1.3 SR

Lee H
10-01-05, 09:41 AM
If I get the tank and pump off an injection Nova how do I go about wiring it in as my 1.3SR won't have the wires already there like my GSi did? Do I go from the fuel pump, through the fuse box and then to the fuel pump relay on the engine loom?

Cheers
Lee

Aragorn
10-01-05, 09:48 AM
u can simply run a wire from the fuel pump relay on the 20xe loom to an inline fuse then on to the pump, and then simply ground the pump to the chassis

if u want it properly integrated into the car then its slightly more difficult, u maybe easier getting a injection loom from a gte and using that if your not too hot with wiring but if u can see how the fuse box contacts work it may be possible to remove the extra pins from an injection car and add them to your fusebox

fitting an inline fuse is the easiest way imo

Lee H
10-01-05, 12:55 PM
Cheers, will do it the simple way.

I presume I can pick up the rev counter and water temp from behind the clocks as the XE loom I have is a Cav one so the relay and all the plugs are inside the car? Any idea on ECU light?

Think the Cav loom also need a switched live in the engine bay as there is a black wingle pin wire on the loom, where can I pick this up from?