PDA

View Full Version : MK meet thanks....

broster
09-01-05, 03:51 PM
I know iv only been a member for 2 days, but id like to say thanks to Jim for organising the meet today, very impressive turn out and well organised! Top work man, look forward to seeing the pics!

p.s. mine was the red *cough* corsa *cough*

?Marty?
09-01-05, 04:01 PM
Awesome!! :D

:(

James B
09-01-05, 04:47 PM
yeah was quite a good day i thought. thanks for scott for the lift whilst mine is being fixed and my potential new nova awaits collection :D

James

dan-hipgrave
09-01-05, 05:11 PM
i was gutted that i couldnt make this meet, but im sure there will be more..

Looking forward to the pics now :D

burgo
09-01-05, 05:48 PM
i was gonna go and gutted that i didnt but im all poorly :(

hendrix
09-01-05, 05:56 PM
was a good day, apart from the damn weather. Just trying to upload pictures now. Damn 56k :evil:

James B
09-01-05, 05:57 PM
was a good day, apart from the damn weather. Just trying to upload pictures now. Damn 56k :evil:

look forward to seeing one

Jims car is shockingly gorgeous :o looks even better in real life than the pics

nova---chris
09-01-05, 05:59 PM
Glad the meet went well. look forwar to seeing some pictures!!

I was busy at rifle range motorsport with CP and Dan until 1am sunday morning. But at least the car is almost there now.

And really look forward to future meets and track days.
well done to the organisers and peeps who turned up. this is wot makes things worth it!!

well done all!!!!!!

epo
09-01-05, 06:01 PM
ill put my pics up in a bit

like i told breeny i want to see his pics he always does good ones

Jim
09-01-05, 06:03 PM
I'll say a quick thanks now, but will do a full report later.

Thanks to everyone who attended, I was gobsmacked by the amount of people that made the journey.

This was definatley the biggest turn out so far.

Thanks again everyone

Jim

Breeny
09-01-05, 06:42 PM
Awesome meeting! Thank you to everyone who turned up :D

Was great to catch up with people and to meet a few new faces :) Pity about the weather but nevermind eh!

Was a shame a few chavs couldn't resist being immature on the grass but there we go, I guess there will always be a few!

NovaNeil
09-01-05, 06:55 PM
Did anyone see the Range Rover that couldn't be asked to go out the normal car park exit???

Instead he headed over the kerb up the grass embankment and onto the Round about :o at the far end of the car park.

If you've got it you might as well use it..... :roll:

Good to speak to a few new faces.... Unfortunetely I didn't get time to speak to the people I had already met before... sorry guys. My driver was in a rush get home (as you might have heard :twisted: )

Was a good meet.... looking forward to the next show/get together/event...

Well done for organising it Jim, and your car looked Awesome!!!! Well impressive. Hopefully it will be the first of many this year.

Neil

James B
09-01-05, 06:58 PM
Did anyone see the Range Rover that couldn't be asked to go out the normal car park exit???

Instead he headed over the kerb up the grass embankment and onto the Round about :o at the far end of the car park.

If you've got it you might as well use it..... :roll:

lol yeah i saw it, proper funny!

James

Nova~Lolly
09-01-05, 07:07 PM
was a good day had by all i think.shame about my nova only do the equivalent of a 1 ltr. gonna get it sorted soon hopefully.
was good to put a few more names to faces however i do still think it wud have made sense to either wear some sort of badge or put there usernames in their cars so we know whos who-coz i can easily say that i did not know atleast 80% of the people there! :o
was nice talking to boro nova and his missus,cp,faf nova,last of the nova sr, and a few more which i cant remember , which we had never met before.
cya all again shortly!
chelle

Jim
09-01-05, 07:11 PM
was good to put a few more names to faces however i do still think it wud have made sense to either wear some sort of badge

I was wearing my newly acquired Novaload fleece with my name on it, so no excuse for people not knowing who I was :P

The fleece was really comfy and kept me lovely and warm, definatley worth the ?22, thanks Chris :)

So come everyone, stick your hands in your pockets and get yourselves a fleece or T-shirt for the summer, no excuses then :P

Jim

Rach
09-01-05, 07:15 PM
sounds like everyone had a good day...

i look forward to seeing pics and definately look forward to the next meet / event :D

Nova~Lolly
09-01-05, 07:18 PM
i knew who u was jim.cheers for organising it.love your black nova mate-its well tidy.thanks for the calendar too :lol:

epo
09-01-05, 07:20 PM
i shall be ordering a few novaload clothes when they are avaliable

CP
09-01-05, 07:30 PM
:D me and Benji had the best time :wink: :lol:

Good to see you all - really excellent turn out and the commitment by many to drive huge distances for the day was impressive. Well done everyone esp. Jim. :D

Breeny
09-01-05, 07:36 PM
Oh nearly forgot... if anyone has lost a Wolfrace wheel cap thingy.. I have it sitting here lol

Get in touch and I'll whack it in the post.

scott.parker
09-01-05, 07:39 PM
Yes ace job jim,great to see evyone again,some new faces,even if they never knew who i was,lol..

Had a good chat with some,but also a peed off i didnt get to chat to some of you,sorry just could seem to find time to talk to eveyone..

Cheers for them calenders jim,there really good mate,was glad to finaly meet you.

And like neil me and some others saw that range rover cutting out the car park,well funny :lol:

Cam your rc was pants compaird to jims,lol he managed a front flip :P

Really grear turn out for this time of year,shame sean could get there with bruce,as i wanted to meet bruce,ah well next time i guess.
Thanks to you again jim,great day.

scott

Jim
09-01-05, 07:44 PM
lol, the flip with the Nitro car was pretty cool, lol. Knew it was going to happen one time, the speed bump was just a little to sharp to get some proper air.

to be fair to stus car, his was only running front wheel drive with slicks on a wet surface, lol.

Cheers guys, your the ones that made the meet though :)

Jim

Mel
09-01-05, 07:52 PM
Well, from what I caught of the meet, it was a great day.

Unfortunately, I spent most of it on the road going to Sean's rescue :lol:

Was good to see everyone again (even if I was only there for a bit lol), and theres some great looking novas about :wink:

benji
09-01-05, 07:54 PM
Really grear turn out for this time of year,shame sean could get there with bruce,as i wanted to meet bruce,ah well next time i guess.

that's what you get for going early. they turned up late.

p.s. cp's mental. jim and dan's car's are very fast

epo
09-01-05, 08:02 PM
i left jacks juice cup in the pub i think :oops:

Dave
09-01-05, 08:14 PM
lees in trouble lol

was nice to meet the few users i knew again and also a few new people who i haddn't met/talked to before.

was a good day out apart from the rain

epo
09-01-05, 08:19 PM
i just hope i left it in the car :lol:

fafnova
09-01-05, 08:47 PM
had a good day to cheers to the orginisers ! nice to meet ppl and see there cars in the flesh good day c u all at the next one jay

Kruger
09-01-05, 09:22 PM
Would of liked to have got down, but only got the shed to show..and, only travelled back to uni from Luton last Sunday, money and exams tomorrow meant I couldnt afford the time and petrol to get gown, as I'm hopefully going RWYB at the pod on the 23rd January, so might see a few faces there.

Looked a good turnout though

scott.parker
09-01-05, 09:25 PM

that's what you get for going early. they turned up late.

p.s. cp's mental. jim and dan's car's are very fast

I know mate but i had to follow oli back or thingk i would of got lost :lol:

Never mind hey.

scott

Mike
09-01-05, 09:27 PM
yeah, top day out, even the mission of overtaking epo! outside lane, very fast! :oops:

them r/c cars were well kewl! and the range rover missiong up that bank!wtf was with him? :lol:

saw benji's car in the flesh (wot a beast)! had a ryte laff going home, got chucked out of watford service's for arseing about on the carpark in the wet! :wink:

mental "race" back to wolves, was great fun! definetly nxt year! :D :D

Jim
09-01-05, 10:19 PM
MK Meeting 2005 Report

Dan arrived at my house around 9:30. We had a cup of tea (coffee for Dan) then set about cleaning the cars. Managed to get the cars cleaned by about 12:30 then headed over to Willen Lake carpark.

Cambridge and Will had already made their own ways there and to my surprise there were a few Novas already parked up at the far end of the car park. We headed back towards the front of the carpark and parked up. The car park was surprisingly busy for the time of year, so was unsure if we had enough space.

About 15mins later a convoy of cars came along, mostly Novas fortunatley ;) There must have been at least 10 cars in the convoy (apologies, but I can't remember which cars were in the first convoy).

About 30mins later (if that) another convoy of cars turned up. This one was led by Karl in his Evo and amongst the pack was Chris_16v. We'd run out of space towards the entrance, but fortunatley there was a bit more space further up.

The odd Nova or two trickled along during the time. I think at the maximum point there must have been between 30-40 cars all related to the site, which is amazing. I had no idea this many people would turn up, and for that I am really thankful :)

Everyone started walking around and having a look at what was on display. The majority of people behaved in the carpark, and I thank you for respecting that.

After an hour or so everyone headed into the restaurant on the lake front and had a quick drink as well as warming up :)

*Unfortunatley things took a nasty turn when people came out of the restaurant. These two idiots decided to start wheel spinning and doing donuts in the carpark :roll: This one idiot even managed to do a full 360 degree flip at one point. Landing back on his wheels, there was no damage, so he carried on ragging about the carpark. They then started racing cars down the carpark :roll: ;)

Once the two idiots had run out of fuel Dan decided to take Chris and Sean out for a spin in his car. Charles asked if I was taking mine out, but instead I offered my keys to him. The road test then began, see here (http://www.novaload.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=104402) for full details ;) He took Mine, Dans and Benjis cars out for a spin with Richard Hammond (I mean Benji) in the passenger seat.

The night started to close in and people started heading off. The last of us headed off around 6pm.

Thanks to all of you that made the effort from all over the country. Bruce deserves a particular mention for coming all the way from Scotland! Fair play to you mate, and it was good to meet you in person.

Cheers again guys, might have to look for a new location for the next one as we nearly ran out of space ;)

Jim

*The cars mentioned were remote control Nitro cars ;)

boredbloke
09-01-05, 10:27 PM
MK Meeting 2005 Report

*The cars mentioned were remote control Nitro cars ;)

I wondered wtf you were talking about then!!!!

Yeah it alrite my first time at a meet, couple of ppl were abit cocky about the power in their machines but overall, it was pretty good!

Cheers Jim!

karl Rowntree
09-01-05, 10:40 PM
hi all

Me and andy got back about 4.30 having used ?50 in fuel, i used quarter of a tank in 10 minutes! :lol: i only did 120 miles today!

Was a top day and good to brake the winter up with a meet. As usaual i spoke to the people i know and not many new faces, guess i am just shy :oops:

Well done Jim and everyone for turning up, good to see the old novas have a new lease of life. Jim the choice of venue was good, i will be back down in the summer to see what it has to offer.

Sorry i couldnt hang around for long, its my sisters birthday today so i had to get back for the meal. Fealing a little drunk now lol.

Karl

CP
09-01-05, 10:45 PM
Your Evo is mint Karl - very nice :wink:

karl Rowntree
09-01-05, 11:23 PM
Thanks CP, like i said though i still prefer the nova! :wink: :lol: :o

Everyone do you self a favour and save yourself ?17000 and stick with your novas, they have so much more character :wink: Though the evo is an amazing car and i love it to bits. Imagine me saying that on the lancer register :lol:

Sounds like you had the best day out of everyone Charles, wish i could of stayed around to watch.

Karl

Matt Nova
09-01-05, 11:27 PM
had a good time i'm shattered though now

thanks to chris 16v for leading me down there

met epo, hendrix and his lass ( nova lolly?), C.P,

then was shown who benji, riggy and a couple of other people are.
got some real inspiration for mine

i've done a 430 round mile trip used a tank and a quarter of fuel and absolutely knackered but its all good fun

scott.parker
09-01-05, 11:29 PM

Everyone do you self a favour and save yourself ?17000 and stick with your novas, they have so much more character :wink: Though the evo is an amazing car and i love it to bits. Imagine me saying that on the lancer register :lol:

Sounds like you had the best day out of everyone Charles, wish i could of stayed around to watch.

Karl

lol and i though you wer joking when i said "how much mate" think i should of gave some funds to the save karls evo charity :lol:
Hey next time you could charge ?10 a run and you might break even! :P :wink:

cheers for the ride out,and lift to Macies.

scott

peester
09-01-05, 11:30 PM
[quote="Jim"]MK Meeting 2005 Report

well it was the "2004" meet- but a bit late wasn't it?
aye was good to see and meet peeps.. my big shouts go to riggy, will and scott good to meet u guys. no chance of better weather next/this year as it will probably still be organised in the winter time. bo.

srs1
09-01-05, 11:46 PM
was good what i saw of it.

grrr bloody brakes.
but then, you cant say i didn't try to get there.
2 aa wagons
mel
and nice cozy drive by dan
and a long drive of head smashing by riggy on way home.

i got to do it all again tomorrow. going back to brum land to collect my lovely car.
i might just drive to mk and do my own personell photo shoot to make up for it.

Dave
10-01-05, 09:22 AM
i thought i'd introduce my self to chris an a blank look came over his face until he said crayons :lol: :oops:

SREmma
10-01-05, 10:23 AM
:D I had a brill day its a shame the weather turned crap! It was good to put some names to faces and have a chat with a few people! Didnt get to meet as many as i thought but i guess there is always future events!!! Cant wait till the next one!! :D

I didnt see the land rover taking a short cut i must have been in the pub at that point!! :lol:

I will try and get my photos up asap!

My car was hidden down the end next the red astra i had my number plate so evryone could see it on the dash!!!

:lilangel:

Nova~Lolly
10-01-05, 10:35 AM
sorry scott parker.i had no idea who you was.or will and a few others.breeny?? wud be nice if u could point out who u was.so we know for next time.
boro nova yes it was hendrix and me... :lol:
bring your missus next time aswell shes a right nice lass. hope it wasnt too much of a long drive back for you . me n Andreas did 300 miles altogether and i didnt drive once even tho its my car.

see you at the sheffield meet,hopefully a few more people will get to know each other rather than talking to the people they already know
right time to do some work i believe.i shud be doing the post.ah well!!!!
bfn
chelle

Austin_Nova16
10-01-05, 10:50 AM
Gutted that I didn't make it to this one. Sounds like it was a top day out. I've got too many little problems to sort out on my car before I can do long distance.

Looking promising for summer meets if this sort of number turn up in jan!

-Bruce-
10-01-05, 12:06 PM
That me just got home now lol. Decided not to drive home last night as i was very tired so stayed another night at Seans place!!

The weekend had its ups and downs, but to be honist it was a great weekend. Had alot of laughs with everyone. Shame about seans car but it was lucky that it was not more serious.

Well thanks to everyone one that was at the meet. (even the people that left before we turned up). Great thanks to Jim for making it possible(good to meet you in person aswell mate)

And thanks to Mel who came to our rescue!! :D

Bruce

welladiniworld
10-01-05, 12:18 PM
thought the meet was a little disappointing! (sorry!) or maybe we just went to mcdonalds at the wrong time and missed the best part! saw a few nice cars thow including a couple of very sexy evo's and a very fast remote control car! the best part of the day being our stop at watford gap services on the way back to wolverhampton- we happend to stop alongside a coach party of nice young females!! a few flames from our mates sr (last of the nova sr's) and scaring the girls with our loud exhausts gave us a bit of entertainment before we retired until next year!

Stuart
10-01-05, 12:29 PM
it was a good afternoon.

i guess you make of it what you do. if you only talk to a few people that you "know" then its gonna be a bit boring. but try and talk to lots of people and take the piss etc lol

my rc car was tooooo slow as shes not got the rear drive shafts in at the mo, and its a bit naff in the wet any hoo. bring on the dry weather lol. might do a pod run with it ;)

Mike
10-01-05, 01:00 PM
yeah, convoy back to wolves was a brilliant laff! coach of young lasses at watford. an we were chillin in the costa coffee! :lol:

great day! gotta do it again in the summer :D

Nova13SRacer
10-01-05, 06:12 PM
Was a good day i thought, some nice motors there.

Richard

Nova13SRacer
10-01-05, 06:12 PM
Was a good day i thought, some nice motors there.

Richard

Mike
10-01-05, 07:00 PM
the convoy from hilton park with shaun was quite good, when he whacked his hazrds on (sumwhere down M6) we all pulled over, all 5 of us :wink:

his brakes gave up the ghost, could of turned out to be real nasty tho?

ill say again tho, top day out, brilliant laff. and a very big thank u to jim.

mike

Mike
10-01-05, 07:00 PM
the convoy from hilton park with shaun was quite good, when he whacked his hazrds on (sumwhere down M6) we all pulled over, all 5 of us :wink:

his brakes gave up the ghost, could of turned out to be real nasty tho?

ill say again tho, top day out, brilliant laff. and a very big thank u to jim.

mike

Riggy
10-01-05, 07:05 PM
as already said it was a very good day :D

a big thank you to jim for aranging it and for everyone that turned up

nice to see every one i know again and to meet some more new people (peester your gsi is gorgeous jules will be gutted he missed it )

but a very very very big thanks to mel for driving all the way to birmingham to save sean and bruce so that they coukd get here :D

see you all soon :D

Jim
10-01-05, 07:11 PM
[quote="riggy"](peester your gsi is gorgeous jules will be gutted he missed it )

but a very very very big thanks to mel for driving all the way to birmingham to save sean and bruce so that they coukd get here :D /quote]

Glad you enjoyed it mate :) Like I keep saying, everyone that attended are the ones that made the day, I just made sure we had a venue, date and time.

Knew someone had to post about the Black Gsi for Jules, lol

Agreed, well done to Mel for collecting Sean and Bruce, I think those two owe here a few drinks the next time they see her :)

Jim

karl Rowntree
10-01-05, 07:16 PM
Sean, i didnt realise your car was actually in birmingham itself. Have you managed to get it fixed and home yet? If not i could lend you my brakes to get you home? Guess its too late now sorry mate.

What part of birmingham did you have to leave the car?

Karl

Mike
10-01-05, 07:18 PM
riggy, driving like a mentalist on the motorway! that blue SR that was behing you (with me+other's @ hilton park) is andy86wolves, he lost u @ 110mph! nxt time we saw u was @ watford gap?

going flat out or summit all the way :wink: gud fun tho :D

srs1
10-01-05, 07:58 PM
the car was left at
st.chads ind est
brearley street.
apparently not the safest of places to leave the car.

picked the car up today after work,
the fella in the garage was a bit of a nob to be honest. knew his stuff from what he said, but must have thought i was 10 years old or something.

glad i finally got there in one piece.
good to finaly meet dan and was good talking to you last of the nova's before car went pop.
riggy was flashing me to go faster as i slowed down waiting for you lot to catch up when the brakes went on me.

Mike
10-01-05, 08:07 PM
did u notice that in that st.chadds ind. estate that nearly EVERYTHING was bolted down? cuz it'll get nicked otherwise! :|

really soory about not stopping, i fort u pulled behind me and were waiting for me to pull of? well, its explained abit better in ur other thread (big thanks)

was nice to meet u and riggy @ hilton, shame there werent many more cars tho in our convoy from there? oh well, hope u get ur nova sorted and get back home in one piece.

mike

Mel
10-01-05, 09:28 PM
:oops: :oops: you're making me blush lads!

It was the least I could do, didn't feel right leaving Sean and Bruce in the middle of nowhere lol..

My lil clapped out 1.2 actually made it averaging 80-85mph all the way to Brum lol ..and didnt die on me either :wink:

*I do not speed, never have and never will. I therefore do not condone speeding in ANY shape or form* in case a copper happens to be reading this post :lol:

epo
10-01-05, 10:07 PM

Karl

wanna swap :wink: :lol: :lol: