PDA

View Full Version : Rebel Exhausts

jame5
08-01-05, 04:17 PM
Alright peeps

I was thinking of getting a stainless steel back box and seen this one from essex racing.

http://www.essexracing.com/product_info.php?cPath=26_54&products_id=297

3 1/2" for ?35 sounds ok to me worth a try, just wondering if any of you have heard a rebel exhausts and if they they are any good and have a good sound of them.

Cheers

James

morrie
08-01-05, 04:21 PM
aye thats cheap like. Never heard of rebel exhausts before.

Alex
08-01-05, 05:52 PM
I wouldn't buy it becasue of the name

scott.parker
08-01-05, 05:56 PM
It just a universal back box,and it will look like a jap crap car with it on,and i guess its going to be well loud!! :roll:

scott

?Marty?
08-01-05, 06:04 PM
Thing is, it's probably made by the same company that makes them for Magnex and etc.

However, as Alex said, the name sounds crap. But then if you're on a budget....

Personally, if you weant cheap and etc, get 'Sportex'. They're alright.

Adam
08-01-05, 10:22 PM
I got that box on my astra. Yeah it is loud, and a pain in the arse to fit, need extra pipe etc to join onto car system.
Build quality is alright, but mine has only been on 4 weeks and the welds are slightly starting to rust.
But ?35, they ain't bad.
But i would go with martys advice, sportex are very nice zausts for the money, well built,look decent, and not overly loud.

1400_sri
08-01-05, 10:34 PM
OR

if you dont want a sportex one try dragon racing, a mate of mine has, his looks good and not really loud, just like a deep tone

this is his one (http://www.dragon-racing.co.uk/hermes/shop/item?itemId=124)

Adam
08-01-05, 10:41 PM
OR

if you dont want a sportex one try dragon racing, a mate of mine has, his looks good and not really loud, just like a deep tone

this is his one (http://www.dragon-racing.co.uk/hermes/shop/item?itemId=124)
They don't look bad for the money.

Mike.
09-01-05, 12:30 AM
get a sportex mate if you want bargain exhausts, i've got one on my car and its well put together and it sounds awesome

jame5
09-01-05, 12:38 AM
Cool I am going to get a sportex system eventually, but just cos it was cheap i was considering it. I might buy it in the near future cos the peco power master i have is utter pish.

Thanx lads

James

jame5
09-01-05, 01:42 PM
awright

to Long Live the nova

I got that box on my astra. Yeah it is loud

is a good loud tone or loud like a "cheery Bomb"

Thanx mate

James

smithy87
09-01-05, 04:21 PM
I've got a 3" Sportex, cost me about ?70 from www.proven-products.co.uk

Sounds great, not too lairy, good deep tone and good sound on acceleration. Looks great. Comes out straight on a MK1.

Cant ask for more than that if you're on a budget like me.

8)

Adam
09-01-05, 04:29 PM
awright

to Long Live the nova

I got that box on my astra. Yeah it is loud

is a good loud tone or loud like a "cheery Bomb"

Thanx mate

James
Its loud yeah, not really like a cherry bomb. But what do ya expect for ?35.
But when i had no backbox on it sounded the same as with that box on :lol:
They are designed weird, instead of having a long box they have a long 2inch pipe than goes into the box itself. I could take a pic of mine if ya don't know what i mean.
But they are a pain in the arse to fit.
I would forget it and get a sportex, go straight on and will look and probably sound better.
But they are alrate.

Adam
09-01-05, 04:35 PM
I've got a 3" Sportex, cost me about ?70 from www.proven-products.co.uk

Sounds great, not too lairy, good deep tone and good sound on acceleration. Looks great. Comes out straight on a MK1.

Cant ask for more than that if you're on a budget like me.

8)
Get sportex from here, they are cheaper on some zausts, and have more range of tailpipes.
http://www.tuning.co.uk/vauxshop/en-gb/dept_414.html
i like the twin 3" box.

jame5
09-01-05, 06:32 PM
as i said eventually i am going to get a sportex system but i think i am going to get the rebel backbox cos the peco powermaster is total S**t and seel it on once i get sportex system.

Thanx for the info

James