PDA

View Full Version : Couple of pics of the state of my nova inside!

Rick Draper
07-01-05, 12:33 PM
Started to finish my novas wiring inside trhe other day, as you can see i have almost got there with the wiring now! I have wired in the Apexi, the gauges and the aquamist in dash display system. Just need to have the bodywork finished now and have it mapped which shud all be done by the end of march.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v444/RickDraper/Cimg0028.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v444/RickDraper/Cimg0030.jpg

This pic shows the bias adjuster :)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v444/RickDraper/Cimg0032.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v444/RickDraper/Cimg0034.jpg

Rick

Philsutton
07-01-05, 12:47 PM
hope you know what your doing there, i dont have a clue when it comes to wiring really

Ste L
07-01-05, 12:57 PM
hope you know what your doing there, i dont have a clue when it comes to wiring really

me too, i'd be lost with all that stuff hanging out :?

Dar
07-01-05, 12:59 PM
That looks fun :D

Glad to see your still battling on with the car. I can't wait to see it running!

Keep up the good work :twisted:

Matt Nova
07-01-05, 01:04 PM
looks too confusing :?

nova---chris
07-01-05, 04:40 PM
wont those wires get round your ankles while your driving rick??

lmao
8) :lol:

Ste_Nova
07-01-05, 04:47 PM

it took me a day to get it that far!!! ricks only finishing it off :P

Rick Draper
07-01-05, 05:26 PM
Just got the nova started again today at long last. Its even booked in for its new exhaust system a week on friday/saturday then its going to my friends garage straight after that to have the paint work sorted out and inner arches painted. Rick

Riggy
07-01-05, 10:35 PM
very nice rick :D

dan16v
07-01-05, 10:42 PM
well done m8, seems to be steaming ahead now, try going to work more so you get less done like every one else! :lol:

NovaNeil
08-01-05, 11:18 AM
Rick,

What Bore exhaust system are you having for it? And what/how many silencers out of interest.

I remember wiring my DTA up.... took 2 days and even then half of it was crimped together :oops:

Neil

Rick Draper
08-01-05, 11:35 AM
Rick,

What Bore exhaust system are you having for it? And what/how many silencers out of interest.

I remember wiring my DTA up.... took 2 days and even then half of it was crimped together :oops:

Neil

Its having a 3" system with one box. Shud be very free flowing when its done. Also the external gate is not rejoined to the exhaust so that will help with the flow a little.

Managed to wire the Autronic in totally now, every single conector is crimped and soldered so i shud not experience any electrical problems. Infact i bet the loom is 100% better than a std vauxhall engine loom. Rick

NovaNeil
08-01-05, 03:52 PM
Sweeet! :D

Will you take a pic of the underside of the car when the exhaust is fitted please, as im after a 2.5" or 3.0" bore system for mine, but my local Powerflow aren't to keen on doing it because of the thin channel it has to run down in a Nova. They were reluctent to fit a 2.25" bore for my mate XE.... but in the end they did.

Cheers

Neil

Rick Draper
08-01-05, 05:07 PM

Will you take a pic of the underside of the car when the exhaust is fitted please, as im after a 2.5" or 3.0" bore system for mine, but my local Powerflow aren't to keen on doing it because of the thin channel it has to run down in a Nova. They were reluctent to fit a 2.25" bore for my mate XE.... but in the end they did.

Cheers

Neil

Mine has a 2.25" system on it as it is. Been like that for years. JP dont really want to make me a 3" system but they said they will but if it rubs it rubs. Rick

scott.parker
08-01-05, 06:03 PM

Cheers

Neil

Yeah them buggers at AB did mine,i beged for a 2 1/2 but they wouldnt do it,so i had a 2" it's still got a restriction feel to it,but im not fused as i will get another once the bodys go on,or try ripping out the middle box first,if not just for a laugh to see how loud it is :lol:

Glad to see your still working on her then Rick keep it going now,there is light at the end of a tunle some where :lol:

scott

krobinson
08-01-05, 06:37 PM
I remember when mine was like that, It's all pretty simple to put back together, but time consumeing. And i didnt have loads of extra wireing!

Looking forward to seeing this :D

Keith

Jonlem
08-01-05, 06:52 PM
I would well recommend Simpsons race exhausts to anyone serious looking for what I would call perfection. Adam Moran has has just brought a xe manifold he made for my mate which can only be described as perfection,

www.simpsonraceexhausts.com

Your car is getting better and better Rick, cant wait to see it all completed, After making the loom for mine I felt convinced it was better than the factory one which is good as you wouldn't be wanting a electrical fire at any time with all those lovely gadgets, pukka job there :)

Rick Draper
09-01-05, 01:05 PM
I will keep everyone up to date with pics of the car over the next few weeks as it really starts to take shape. Rick

dan16v
09-01-05, 01:37 PM
im going in between with a 2 3/4" :lol: will be ok for around 400hp i think

Ste_Nova
09-01-05, 02:49 PM
Managed to wire the Autronic in totally now, every single conector is crimped and soldered so i shud not experience any electrical problems. Infact i bet the loom is 100% better than a std vauxhall engine loom. Rick

and as a bonus it looks vauxhall standard :lol: same plastics and wire routing :P

dan16v
09-01-05, 06:51 PM
now all you slags need to do is pay me a visit and fit my loom for me! :D you know you want to! :!:

i got some new plastics etc for the loom also to keep it tidy :D

dan16v
10-01-05, 09:14 PM
hmm no reply to my job that needs doing?! :lol:

Mike
10-01-05, 09:31 PM
flippin heck! that many wire's id forget which ones which! :|

Rick Draper
10-01-05, 11:42 PM
now all you slags need to do is pay me a visit and fit my loom for me! :D you know you want to! :!:

i got some new plastics etc for the loom also to keep it tidy :D

Splash the cash then! lol Recon its a day job or so at the most! I will have a LET base map soon 2 :lol: Rick

dan16v
11-01-05, 07:41 PM
biatch, how does ?350 sound for a days work then! every single wire on my autronic loom is labelled also! your base map will differ alot to myne!, savour the mpg whilst its on the base map wont you :lol: