PDA

View Full Version : Do 16v calipers need uprated discs and pads?

Matt Nova
07-01-05, 12:17 AM
as title says or does standard stuff work just as well

i can get new genuine vauxhall discs and pads for ?40

EBC discs and greenstuff pads for ?160

plus braided brakes lines are they worth it

Aragorn
07-01-05, 12:34 AM
braided lines will help feel

uprated disks and pads are pointless in my eyes

Matt Nova
07-01-05, 12:36 AM
i'm also gettin new rear drums do i need new shoes?

so are braided brakes lines worth it as i'm doin it all together and want it done right

Dar
07-01-05, 10:17 AM
If your not going to be doing trackdays in the car then the standard 16v stuff will be fine.

However if you are then I suggest that you do get uprated pads and discs. I ran a few trackdays with standard pads and discs and the breaks did start to fade, plus I managed to get a standard pad to fall apart underbreaking (scary).

As for the braided lines. Like Aragorn says they improve the feel, plus they look better and last a lifetime so they are a fit and forget item. They are worth the money, but are not really an essential item for a road car.

Philsutton
07-01-05, 10:39 AM
the standard stuff will be fine

Matt Nova
07-01-05, 01:08 PM
standard it is then and think i'm goin to get braided lines aswell

NickWalliams
08-01-05, 12:25 AM
Uprted look good though! I got my eye on some black diamond as they are quite cheap and wont show rust like other discs. 8)

mark1astramad
08-01-05, 02:23 AM
ive got calibra brakes,but pads n discs are fecked,but got brand new nova discs n pads.
can i fit the calibra calipers(with calibra pads),but still use the new nova discs,as i dont wanna waste the 50 quid i paid for em,but want better brakes.

Custom_Calibra_Nova
08-01-05, 02:28 PM
if u wanna use calibra calipers an pads, u gonna need bigger discs. i got astra gte discs with calibra calipers. discs cost a tenner from scrappie, nearly new too. :D