PDA

View Full Version : 1.3 fully standard engine needs modding ...help!!!!!!

boredbloke
06-01-05, 01:17 PM
:o
I know as much about engines as i do about girls make-up :oops: .

So somebody help!

I haven't a massive budget got about 150 a month to play with without caring too much about.

My Tin Can is a 1.3 L :oops:

Apparently my big black disc thing on the top is fooked but i dunno what it is or what to replace it with!!

Somebody lend a hand please!

Many thanks!
Kyle

Will
06-01-05, 01:27 PM
1.3L is the same engine as a 1.3 SR

have you got an exhuat system?

perhaps consider replacing the air filter

or even just a good service with new plugs and leads and an oil change for now.......

Will
06-01-05, 01:28 PM
p.s. buy a haynes manual from ebay

wont cost much and will tell you a lot

get the green one got more info in it!

Gunzi
06-01-05, 01:30 PM
The big black disc thing is your air filter (remove it and have a look, 3 phillips head screws I think) and beneath that is the carb, which mixes air with fuel.

I'd upgrade brakes to the ATE calipers and bigger discs u can usually the set up for ?30-?60, this is a cheap way of upgrading your car however you must have 14" wheels on at least (BUT NOT the SR/GTE/GSi Ronal 3 spokes)

Or strip the back seats, parcel shelf & carpet out, you'd be surprise @ the difference.

boredbloke
06-01-05, 01:35 PM
My brakes are ok..ish

I spos they could be up graded.

Don't really want to remove anything from inside the car that's actually beginning to look quite nice (bin working on small thing for a while now.

I just want a little bit more of a kick with the running of the car,

I want to try and stay away from an exhaust system atm, I hate the lil sh!ts that have exhausts louder than anything on earth on their 1 litre fiestas down my way

Will
06-01-05, 01:35 PM
lower the fucker so it handles well and enjoy some roundabts

Gunzi
06-01-05, 01:44 PM
fair one stripping it isn't everyones cup of tea.

The carb can be upgraded, Weber do the 32/34 carb which is about ?200ish new but 2nd hand should be under ?100.

then there's changing the cam etc, but it all depends on how much you want to spend!

Or U could change the engine to 1.6 GTE / GSi?

James B
06-01-05, 02:49 PM
not all uprated exhausts have to be loud as fuck, you can get subtle ones that still improve the flow. if iw as you id go for the new plugs new oil option to start with, its all good improving the engine but look after the basics first. after that id prob go for K&N or similar air filter, backbox, a weber carb would be a good investment too. much better than the pierburgs in every respect in my opinion. do all that then you can start thinkin bout head work, cams etc etc

James