PDA

View Full Version : legal rubbish on DVD players

boredbloke
06-01-05, 01:07 PM
I got a really good deal on a portable DVD player, it can be mounted in my nova pretty much any where i feel like putting it, as it's not that big

I was going to mount it on the ceiling on the passenger side corner at a 45 degree angle, so I can see it too. :wink:

Can i get pulled for having this on while i'm driving (obviously I'm not going to be watching it!)

Some one help, cos i'll be p1ssed if I mount it and then have to move it.

Will
06-01-05, 01:22 PM
why would u want to see it to u will be driving, lol

boredbloke
06-01-05, 01:28 PM
More when I'm picking the missus up from work n that I might wait 15-20mins out side in the car park

So If I can see it from the drivers seat I won't have to move.....

Just being a lazy ass really

jkhilton
06-01-05, 01:35 PM
I think you're not allowed to have a video screen playing movies/games etc visible to the driver whilst the car is in motion.

Most indash dvd players etc have a lead that links to the handbrake, so the dvd wont play on the front screen if the car is in motion. I just earthed the wire though, so it works all the time.

If the police see it, they will pull you over and possibly fine you if the screen is on.

John

Ste_Nova
06-01-05, 06:30 PM
i got busted having a laptop on on the passenger seat... cops wen't happy cause i had msn running :lol:

epo
06-01-05, 10:27 PM
i got busted having a laptop on on the passenger seat... cops wen't happy cause i had msn running :lol:

lmfao :lol: :lol:

ive got mine in its mainly for jack i can just about make it out when its on

rednova
07-01-05, 07:06 PM
when i work on the audi rs6's at work the screens are always on and you can watch tv whilst driving - i thought this was a bit stupid coming from a big company like audi

phil

epo
07-01-05, 07:19 PM
when i work on the audi rs6's at work the screens are always on and you can watch tv whilst driving - i thought this was a bit stupid coming from a big company like audi

phil

usually they turn into sat nav whilst drive thats waht i thought anyway

boredbloke
07-01-05, 09:03 PM
Ahh oh well i'm gona mod me mk2 dash so it's fits in where most can't see it....

And I've just found out that my old ps2 works wiv the screen ......yeah baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mowgli
08-01-05, 06:35 PM
I find the whole video screen/mobile phone law thing to be a joke anyway, the old bill are allowed to use them, but nobody else is!!!!!!!!!!

All quarry trucks, concrete mixers & bin wagons have the reverse view tv screens fitted & they always work. They have to remove them for mot tests though.

Why not fix it up on the visor?, you could flip it back up in no time.