PDA

View Full Version : What Makes a good web site ?

Anonymous
29-01-02, 09:42 AM
In your opinion what makes a good web site / message board ?

i was chatting to some one the otherday and they said novaload was shit .

i was just wondering what everyone thinks mamkes a message board good or bad because you do get some which are good and some are crap why ?

i am on the save for a new motor

Anonymous
29-01-02, 09:57 AM
I think the novaload message board is gr8, well layed out, easy to get around and easy to read.
The Mig one and the RoyBacer one i find annoying and not so easy on the eye, and RB has those fucking ads that open a new window everytime.
Sorry ged!

Anonymous
29-01-02, 10:29 AM
A good site is an original idea and layout. as long as its clean and simple with no popups and pointless time consuming flash animations.

Novaload is very good (must have nicked the idea from pugtec LMAO) although its a bit tempremental

Im a Corporate tart :D

Anonymous
29-01-02, 10:48 AM
thats the main trouble i find with novalaod the reliability

out of all the message boards i use i think corsa sport is best for relaibilty and ease of use ( sorry kev ) but novalaod is close second for looks
but then most people on corsa sprot are stuck up little mumys car driving tossers lol

and the chat is ussually interesting on NL and not just shit posts saying hello . like some message boards

i am on the save for a new motor

Anonymous
29-01-02, 10:55 AM
I like boards that have lots of activity during the day, but thats only cuz I do bugger all during the day.

I prefer sites that dont just take about cars and have a good general chat board too.

Anonymous
29-01-02, 11:09 AM
Number of members, members loyalty, amount of tossers, originality are the main aspects that make a website decent or y-fronts.

Vauxhall Nova - Defined in Spain
REFINED IN ENGLAND.

novagrant@talk21.com

""Formally Novaheat 612""

Anonymous
29-01-02, 06:00 PM
Grant is right...
although i would say the appearance is most important.
If you make it like this one, light colours, simple graphics and easy to navigate you are onto a winner.

Ick-your mate who said NL was pants - does he like nova's? coz if not... that could be the problem. :D

The name is misleading - I am not wise, or wooden.

Anonymous
30-01-02, 10:00 AM
Just how well you get accepted in to the commuinty on a Bulletin board etc.... number of members is obviously an advantage the more the merrier. I find most sites easy to use.

Anonymous
30-01-02, 02:45 PM
i do like the way novaload is set out and think its one of the best out there, but as most of you are aware, we are having small technical dificultys.

these are being looked at as we type/speak

good banter is another plus point for a sucsessful board along with regular members, and moderators that actualy do sumthing usefull (like deleting crap and genral tidying up)

member feedback is important (rember when sumbody told kev he thought the board looked dated and next time we logged on he had changed it lol)

the corsasport board does look like it has/had the potential to be the best board out there, with its clean layout and fast times, but as it has allready been said, there members have totaly spoiled it with worthless crap (i dont even read it that often but when i do u can bet theres sum huge bitch fight going on etc etc)

we try our best here and thats all that matters

Micky@novaload.net