PDA

View Full Version : K&n on a Weber 32/34

Dod
05-01-05, 08:01 PM
What K&N do i use, the carbs come off an XR3 but will an XR3 K&N leave enough room to close my bonnet? :(

ade
07-01-05, 01:42 AM
will the 32/34 carb from an XR3 work on a nova? I remember having this discussion with someone AGES ago when I fitted by weber 32/34 (I bought it new from weber) - summut to do with the jets beingdifferent - DTML not DMTL or summut like that.

Anyway as for filters, you need the skinny filter - the best one is a Ramair filter - not K&N which is too thin and with the big metal plate on top looks good but isnt as free air flowing as the ramair one. Also in winter I fould the condensation build up caused the carb to ice up causing the engine to stall. A pain in the arse! (unless you fit the warm air kit).

I think the one you need for the Ramair filter is the R2/239 - comes with a baseplate too. They come in different sizes - you want the medium/small one - its not tall so will fit snuggly under the bonnet. because the whole top and sides are foam LOADS of air gets in and its got an excellent induction noise! The code should be right but it was a while ago and I'm not 100%.

Ade
:wink:

Snowface
07-01-05, 06:29 PM
its rs2/239 with 40mm (medium) foam top

thats what you want. Ade Pm'd me the part number back in Jan last year lol.

www.larkspeed.com do em for ?35.

Dave
08-01-05, 01:37 AM
rally design do them aswell normally cheapest place to get stuff!
what height is the best to get?

www.raldes.co.uk