PDA

View Full Version : Cig Lighter

Nich
05-01-05, 03:33 PM
Hi

New to these forums so i hope this hasent been a topic already! :D

Ive got a Nova 1.2i Fun but it hasnt got a cigerette lighter which i could do with for various reasons.

So i was wondering if any one knew how to wire one in, i want to avoid going directly to the battery. i thoght could i tap into the correct supplys of the back of my head unit :?: and still use the head unit, and the cigerette lighter. possible? :?

any help appreciated (sp?)

thanks

Aragorn
05-01-05, 04:09 PM
if u get a fag lighter from the scrappy out another nova it will go streight in

the wires will be taped up in the loom behind the paneling so no splicing neccesary

Nich
05-01-05, 04:16 PM
would the way that i sed work tho cus when me and my mate (knows a lot more about it then me) looked we couldnt see the wires :? only the head unit wires

Aragorn
05-01-05, 04:54 PM
then look harder
follow the head unit loom back and u'll find a bulge in it - thats the wires for the fag plug

Nich
05-01-05, 05:03 PM
Yes Found it :) i think lol i will get a fag lighter nxt time i go to the scarpy and have a play

Chris
06-01-05, 06:36 AM
you will also have the wires for a glove box light of you want to make the car a touch better, just get another glove box from scrappy, there are two plugs to put on, one to a switch and one to the bulb. You will find the wires tie-wrapped to the left speaker cables

Chris

Nich
06-01-05, 11:49 AM
Ok thanks for that m8 that could be useful 2. always been a pain to get stuff out of there at night :cry: