PDA

View Full Version : inner arches front

cruisingscotland
04-01-05, 10:45 PM
well my inner arches hav rotted away bassically just up the front the rest of the car is ok,do u get kits or anythign to sort this new arches to weld in? or do i need to get a serious amount of welding done to pass an mot? any help apretiated thanx

Rich

rysmee
04-01-05, 11:07 PM
i dont think i've seen a nova before that hasnt been welded on the inner arches! just infront of the suspension turrets i guess is a spot where all the rust just sais, 'yeah lets go hang out here'. anyway, yeah any half decent body shop will weld it up, depending how bad it is will determine whether or not you need plates welded. if you go the whole hog you can get strenghtening kits that go in all the weak places around the car. the 2.0 16v boys will tell you that! alot of them are an engine out job however.

ade
07-01-05, 01:45 AM
when you say inner arches do you mean the inner wing or the curved arch that follows the contour of the arch just in front of the door/A pillar?

If its that thats gone its easy to fix (I rebuilt mine with mesh and fibreglass) - theyre only flimsy metal and are not structural. If the inner wing (as in the bit that hold the engine in place!) is rusty or holed, that'll need a welder.

Ade